GDT: 2024 Blues Draft Day Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Excited for day 2. My guess is Army finds a player he really likes and moves the spare 2nd and/or 3rd to go get him. Highly doubt we make 4 picks in the next two rounds. Army seems more focused on quality rather than quantity.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Is it a potential home run though? Even the best case emphasized his stay at home potential vs any real 2 way defensive capability. Best case scenario does he ever become better than Parayko?
Likely not a 1st overall caliber home run but a home run given we’re talking about pick 16? Yeah, it’s possible. How likely totally depends on how well he bounces back from the knee surgery.

Parayko is a beast defensively but severely lacking in terms of transition, outlets, entries etc. From what I’ve seen, that’s a strength for Jiricek.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
I feel like I've already seen offense drive from Jiricek that we didn't see from Parayko somewhat consitently until this past season.

Reactions: LogosBlue

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Time to get day 2 started.
First move of the Day:
Caps trades Beck Malenstyn to Buffalo for pick #43.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I tried telling ppl that this was a lot like 2021 when we were like "Maybe Sillinger/Coronato/etc" can drop and then they all went relatively in order. The top tier IMO was the top 6 defensemen and the top 7 forwards. Only Luchanko going before Helenius was slightly out of order for me. Solberg was there, but I was lower on him than most. People went a little crazy pushing him up boards as a late riser. Some even had him top 8. But we were always going to be picking in that 2nd tier of talent in MBN, Connelly, Eiserman, Boisvert, etc.

Just a tough spot to be in. We won too many games. Crazy the difference between picking Dickinson, Buium, Helenius and the like came down to a few meaningless games.

The Blues just needed to tank one year. Imagine a top 5 pick and trading Buchnevich at the least.

Just my opinion but I think the Blues goofed. They were never going to be a contender. It’s not like Army had to publicly say he wants the Blues to tank for one year. He could have made decisions that helped that outcome.

Oh well. I still think Buchnevich gets traded at the next deadline. I will be very surprised to see Army sign him to a long term deal.

Reactions: Celtic Note

Dr Robot

Nov 3, 2011
I know nothing about the players in the second round. Who should i be mad we don’t draft?

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
The Blues just needed to tank one year. Imagine a top 5 pick and trading Buchnevich at the least.

Just my opinion but I think the Blues goofed. They were never going to be a contender. It’s not like Army had to publicly say he wants the Blues to tank for one year. He could have made decisions that helped that outcome.

Oh well. I still think Buchnevich gets traded at the next deadline. I will be very surprised to see Army sign him to a long term deal.
Not sure this was the year to do it.
None of the D men in this draft scream "sure fire legit #1 D man".
They all had warts.

As opposed to next year with Logan Hensler.

Reactions: Snubbed4Vezina

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
The caps got the 42nd for Beck Malenstyn a 26 year old who had 21 points last year

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Badinka, Elick and Freij off the board early.
Not going that well for us.
Somebody wake up Army.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad