GDT: 2024 Summer Free Agency (July 1st)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Again, I’m going to ask the people whining here:

Which UFA signings handed out today do you wish would have been signed by the Habs instead? Again, add probably 1 or 1.5 mill per due to the Quebec taxes factor.

I’m genuinely curious.

The 1-1.5 figure is something you're completely pulling out of your ass so not sure why it should be indulged.

Two, I've said it before and I'll say it again: we can argue about this or that player until we're blue in the face and go back-and-forth on hypotheticals until October. The point that is being made by is in regards to the direction of the team. A lot of people don't think it'll be healthy for this team to finish in the basement again. The young veterans on the team also have the same concern according to Basu.

Be it a trade, an FA, martians, whatever. Something should be getting done to get the young player some help. Maybe it will happen through trade and we'll eat crow. But to only get dead silence is not a good sign.

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Even older folks don't give a f*** anymore. These guys saw Stanley Cup in Montreal, they only care about playoff hockey. Most of the 40+ folks I talk to don't get the "rebuilding" mentally, think it is complete BS.
You talk to dummies LoL
Habs are doing it right
Not management's fault most players don't want to come to Quebec

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Most of these signings are absolutely terrible lol, it feels so good to have knowledgeable management
4 yrs for Eddy & Stammer, 6 for Tanev, etc. Really horrible contracts.

Problem with some Hab fans they have the patience of a 3 yr old. If they want to jump off the wagon, let them. There is always one team that wins the cup, they can change up every year, lol.

Finally have good management with a plan that is working.

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023
Man… If Blake spends a couple more millions on a forwards like Tarasenko (as he should, because this is not a playoffs team), that Byfield OS becomes more and more enticing…

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Again, I’m going to ask the people whining here:

Which UFA signings handed out today do you wish would have been signed by the Habs instead? Again, add probably 1 or 1.5 mill per due to the Quebec taxes factor.

I’m genuinely curious.

Brandon Duhaime @ 2 X 2.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
4 yrs for Eddy & Stammer, 6 for Tanev, etc. Really horrible contracts.

Problem with some Hab fans they have the patience of a 3 yr old.

Finally have good management with a plan that working.
Patience of a 3 year old is putting it lightly.

We should give another Karl Alzner contract. Get our pheromones going.

Reactions: Andrei79

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Most of the contracts today have been for term and big money. Not the type of players HUGO would be looking for this year. Short term, no more than 2 years is the kind of signing I think Hugo would look for and that is likelier in the days to come.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
It's true. We were. We have always been and always will be every Quebecois' 2nd favorite destination.

Sarcasm aside, I seriously doubt the Habs offer was comparable to NSH. Habs offers was probably 2-3 years with a higher AAV but less money overall, which kind of matter for a 33 years old signing what is likely his last deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad