GDT: 2024 Blues Draft Day Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
“Where do you guys want to grab a nightcap? The buffet at Caesers looks good.”

In seriousness, I would think a huddle like that is probably about considering a trade offer for Buchnevich.
If it is, I hope it’s for a 1st next year from a team that has a chance of not being good, because we are late into the draft here.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
It's not one incident. He's been kicked off of multiple teams. Multiple kids have quit teams he has been on because they were afraid to travel with him. He is a huge bully in addition to being a nazi. Read the Strang and Pronman athletic piece on him.

Yes, keep calling people a Nazi for no reason that way the actual meaning of Nazi becomes so diluted it no longer has any meaning.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
f*** we really need to get off of our asses and trade up to get Solberg. Unless he falls to us in the 2nd in which case Armstrong is a smart guy.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
It's not one incident. He's been kicked off of multiple teams. Multiple kids have quit teams he has been on because they were afraid to travel with him. He is a huge bully in addition to being a nazi. Read the Strang and Pronman athletic piece on him.
I’ve seen it. I don’t think it should disqualify him from getting a chance at pro hockey, but I wouldn’t use a 1st round pick on my team. He has a lot to prove.

I went to high school. Guys that act like that are not that uncommon. A lot of them grow up into decent citizens.

I don’t know if he will, and we don’t have enough firsthand information (like interviewing him and those close to him ourselves) to really refine an impression. I’m willing to believe he’s redeemable and could contribute to society in a positive way, through his hockey career or otherwise.

There is risk, and there is also fan sentiment to factor even if you are convinced he’s matured. I’m not arguing your opinion, just pointing out we are foolish if we think we have enough detail on all these guys to believe other guys picked tonight don’t have bigger character questions. Probably. Others are just better hidden.

blue zone

Apr 14, 2024
100%. If you HAVE to take a right D with your pick, then the conservative smart choice is EJ Emery. Proven babysitter to Hutson. Big, defensive, and skates very well. Offense never comes? Another Parayko that’s meaner.
I think I agree on Emery. I also think you could trade down a bit and still get him if that is your guy.
I'd love to find a way to move up to get Emery.
This. All of this.

I think this is the Buchnevich window, if he gets dealt.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
If the Blues stay at #48 and #56 here is a list of players projected in the area that I would like to see us target.

Badinka RHD
SahlinWallenius LHD
Masse RW
Vanacker LW
Kleber RHD

Brunicke RHD
Fischer LHD
Pulkkinen LHD
Shuravin LHD
Wetsch RW
Zether C

Reactions: SirPaste

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
If the Blues stay at #48 and #56 here is a list of players projected in the area that I would like to see us target.

Badinka RHD
SahlinWallenius LHD
Masse RW
Vanacker LW
Kleber RHD

Brunicke RHD
Fischer LHD
Pulkkinen LHD
Shuravin LHD
Wetsch RW
Zether C
Badinka and Freij are the 2 guys I want, unless we get back in the first and can snag Emery or Elick

Reactions: Blueswin and sfvega

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad