GDT: 2024 Blues Draft Day Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
We've been very leaky in the Steen era. Even JR is getting scoops. I saw lots of people connecting us to Jiricek the past few days. I didn't believe it because we don't leak but there was something there.
How are we in the “Steen era” when he’s not even the GM for another 2 years?

It has nothing to do with that. JR still has SOME sources, despite this board trying to convince themselves that the Blues have completely blackballed him on everything. It’s gotten a bit ridiculous to read the overreactions about him.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Wonder what the cost would have been to move up to 12. Didn't expect Zeev to be available that late.

I assume we actually were close to a trade there. There is no reason for Philly to trade back if Buium was their guy. They wanted Luchanko. Trading down 4 spots is a lot riskier than 1. There may be nothing we could have offered reasonably to get that pick over Minnesotta.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Clearly the Blues were comfortable with the medical reports on Jiricek. I’m not super happy right now but we’ll see how it turns out.

Reactions: Blueston

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
How are we in the “Steen era” when he’s not even the GM for another 2 years?

It has nothing to do with that. JR still has SOME sources, despite this board trying to convince themselves that the Blues have completely blackballed him on everything. It’s gotten a bit ridiculous to read the overreactions about him.

Just think about it for a minute
Overanalyzing things is not nessesary
Knowing is much better.
Everything is not always serious.

Now look at the first letter of very sentence above and that is what my Steen-era comment was.

Last edited:

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I know reviews are mixed but lets not be like Montreal last year when they chose Reinbacher at 5. You know some of that social media stuff gets back to the player. Regardless of how you feel Jiricek worked very hard to get to the NHL and like or hate the pick he is a Blue now.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
IMG_9250.png

Uh oh Blues social media person needs to learn about our new prospect!

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Really I remember EP having his as high as 5 early last season.
Most of the mocks I saw he was inthat range. Mews too, who has fallen real hard. Though he actually played himself down. Jiricek has such a short season, it was more lost than a bad year. Mews didn't recover until U18s.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Just think about it for a minute
Overanalyzing things is not nessesary
Knowing is much better.
Everything is not always serious.

Now look at the first word of very sentence above and that is what my Steen-era comment was.
I wasn’t convinced you were being serious, but it was hard to tell, especially since jokes are supposed to be kind of funny. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad