Prospect Info: 2024 80th Overall Ondřej Becher

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Wonder where he's gonna play next year... Just turned 20 a few months ago.

Is there an age limit in the WHL?
He can play one more year as an overager in the WHL but it's likely he comes to Grand Rapids. I think he's polished enough where it's time for him to start playing Pro

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
96 points in 58 games in the Dub. He might have more than that in the tank. He had a bunch of points at the WJC too.

This is his 3rd NHL draft going undrafted in the first two. So we'll see.

I think the talent pool is gone in this draft. I don't think that +2nd pick in the walman trade had much value. This is a weak draft after the top 20.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Okay I should say two years post eligible.

Though it does really show you how meh Danielson really is, who finished 49th in the same league.
You can look at the stats and say they're meh, or you can watch the game and see how good Danielson was, especially once he got to Portland. There's no denying how impressive Danielson was once he actually was surrounded by decent player.

On Becher, I think this is a good swing. Kind of reminds me of Yzerman taking Palat, hopefully he turns out to be half the player Palat is lol

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
You can look at the stats and say they're meh, or you can watch the game and see how good Danielson was, especially once he got to Portland. There's no denying how impressive Danielson was once he actually was surrounded by decent player.

On Becher, I think this is a good swing. Kind of reminds me of Yzerman taking Palat, hopefully he turns out to be half the player Palat is lol
I watched plenty of Danielson when he made it to Portland, and even his one AHL game, and seemed like a dime a dozen center who you can get in the second round. Nothing in his game screamed out high tier talent.

Danielson spent most of the season on a team that he was the only good player on.
Great players create offense.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
This is his 3rd NHL draft going undrafted in the first two. So we'll see.

I think the talent pool is gone in this draft. I don't think that +2nd pick in the walman trade had much value. This is a weak draft after the top 20.
Probably top 50, but you never know

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Looks like with MBN and Becher we are looking for guys who can add to the organizational depth in the short term. MBN should be in Detroit in 2025-26 and Becher looks like a guy who at a bare minimum should be a fixture in Grand Rapids as soon as this upcoming season with maybe some late blooming magic in his future.

raymond23

lgrw
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
On a completely unrelated note to the last several posts, I finally utilized the Ignore function. Looking forward to a much more enjoyable board experience!

Unfortunately responses to ignored players still show, so it gets a bit cluttered watching people argue with ghosts

Find this pick really intriguing. The next Franzen?

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Don't mind using a 3rd on a guy that improved that much from last year to this. Hope for a late bloomer type situation.

Unfortunately responses to ignored players still show, so it gets a bit cluttered watching people argue with ghosts

Find this pick really intriguing. The next Franzen?
You can set the ignore feature up to show that they quoted an ignored member and show the comment if you really are intrigued by the response they had to it.

Reactions: raymond23

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
Looks like with MBN and Becher we are looking for guys who can add to the organizational depth in the short term. MBN should be in Detroit in 2025-26 and Becher looks like a guy who at a bare minimum should be a fixture in Grand Rapids as soon as this upcoming season with maybe some late blooming magic in his future.
I was thinking the exact same. I feel like MBN and Becher are probably two of the closest pro-ready players in the draft.

Reactions: Run the Jewels

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I actually really like this pick.

Late bloomer in the WHL may not mean much due to physical advantages, but he also did well at the WJC.

Might be a really good sleeper, and this is the kind of pick I want Yzerman making. He might bust, but he also might end up being a surprise at the NHL level. He also has 18 games of experience playing against men in the second Czech league as an 18 year old. He is also a natural center who actually projects as a center between his skating and defensive play.

I'm assuming Euro scouting wasn't as good during the COVID years in 2020-2022 so I'm hoping his progression in the WHL was acclimating to the league and his natural skill emerging instead of just being the result of physical development. At 6'1, 187 I'm doubting he was physically bullying the opposing players.

Reactions: Michael Brand Eggs

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $175.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2