Prospect Info: 2024 7th OA : Carter Yakemchuk (RHD)

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The Calgary Hitmen are suppose to be better this yr, but if not, they have the option to trade Yakemchuk to a contender & get a decent return for him. It would be nice to see him on a good team in a playoff situation where he can use his skillset more. As we saw in the preseason he will get pts, but needs others to elevate their game so that he isn't the only target for opposing teams to stop.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
This reminds my old ass of when spezz took a while to crack the league.

Too good for junior, but you gotta do it right.

I wonder what a Jason Spezza that went the NCAA route in today's game would be.
It didn't really take him too long.

Split an NHL/AHL season, then a full NHL season.

The lockout had him back in the AHL for a full season.

sena

Jul 3, 2024
This reminds my old ass of when spezz took a while to crack the league.

Too good for junior, but you gotta do it right.

I wonder what a Jason Spezza that went the NCAA route in today's game would be.
Spezza managed to get more then one coach fired for trying to change his game. He never learned or wanted to learn anything above what he knew as best.

edit
Once he landed in Toronto he finally figured it out. way too late

zenator

Jan 1, 2004
Yak seems much better when surrounded by good talent. With the Sens, he looked the best when it was a nearly full team, and he played a lot with Sanderson. The last game, when it was an AHL team, he had some defensive struggles, although he still produced 2 points. It's like he needs good players to work with, from another era, but it reminds me a bit of Larry Murphy. I hope he gets traded to a contending junior team. On a bad team he seems to try to do it all, because he has nobody any good to pass to, which leads to more mistakes.
I know every player looks good surrounded by talent, but I think the effect is more for Yak than most players.

Reactions: Senator Stanley

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Spezza managed to get more then one coach fired for trying to change his game. He never learned or wanted to learn anything above what he knew as best.

edit
Once he landed in Toronto he finally figured it out. way too late
If only all players could be as good as spezza while “never wanting to learn anything above what he knew best”.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad