Prospect Info: 2024 7th OA : Carter Yakemchuk (RHD)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
the .35 pts per game threshold is the big thing for forwards, changing the game limit to a higher number really doesn't shave off many if any guys, if you hit .35 pts per game, and hit 100 gp, you are almost certainly going to hit 200 and 300 games too, unless you are Formenton and get yourself exiled. Basically you're getting top 9 forwards, or very good 4th liners.

Dmen are hard to categorize using basic stats that I had readily available with draft data but 300 games means his not just a guy that was given a chance based on pedigree and then flamed out. He might only be a 3rd pair guy, but he's likely a legit NHL player. A guy like Cowen, who got every chance, misses here. Same with Brian Lee. Chris Wideman barely misses (would have made it if not for Malkin...), same with Gryba, meanwhile Boro makes the cut easily.

200 games for a goalie means you were a backup at worst. Emery, Lehner, Elliott. Maybe I should have lowered that one, but goalies are a pretty small minority in the draft.

The stat thresholds were only applied to the 2000-2010 seasons to get an expected % hit rate, they were not and should not be used to categorize guys from more recent drafts who are still early in their career. You could project whether you think a 2020 guy will hit those thresholds, for example, I think Greig will easily hit it, but he hasn't yet. That doesn't mean, nor did I use those thresholds to categorize Greig as a miss (or a hit), it was just to illustrate how many guys we need to hit on when it's all said and done to be meeting expectations.
at the end of the end of the day....look at the roster of a cup winning team and ask how those players were acquired. It's rare that as many as 15 were drafted and developed.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
at the end of the end of the day....look at the roster of a cup winning team and ask how those players were acquired. It's rare that as many as 15 were drafted and developed.
15 is a pretty high number, most teams cup winners or not won't hit that mark. I think our projected lineup has 10 and that's pretty high.

I think Florida had 4, Colorado had 6. Tbay had 10 that played in their last cup run which seems to be the anomaly.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
15 is a pretty high number, most teams cup winners or not won't hit that mark. I think our projected lineup has 10 and that's pretty high.

I think Florida had 4, Colorado had 6. Tbay had 10 that played in their last cup run which seems to be the anomaly.
that's my point. I think the highest I've seen in recent years was low teens.

we get caught up in drafting. If you are lucky, you draft your core pieces. But there is a lot of roster filler that comes from different places

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I hope Yak gets a game or two, although I expect he will most likely be returned to junior at some point. Given his age & birthday after this coming season, I think he will be in Belleville the following season in a possible callup situation.

Once Jensen's contract is up I could see Yak playing with Kleven on the bottom pairing until he earns the trust of the coaches & works his way up the roster if he continues to improve & get stronger. Really like some of these young players Kleven, Ostapchuk, Yakemchuk, Greig, Halliday & even Boucher in a particular role.

While so many have discussed the lack of skill in our prospect pool I have said often the skill is already on the team & now some of the guys that are emerging are the bottom six guys like Ostapchuk who fits into a role nicely. Just like Kleven fits the role they need on defence & Yak will also fit a need helping the team overall be a better team. Halliday is another guy with a strong skillset that has the skillset to improve the bottom six as is Boucher to fill a role that greats turnovers & separates players from the puck at both ends. This young team will have a number of yrs for the org to refill the prospect pool with skill over the next few yrs, it doesn't need to be done with one or two drafts.

Last edited:

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I expect he'll get some kind of NHL stint. Whether it's a full 9 games or something less will depend on his play.

Don't think the Sens are in a big hurry to send him back to the Hitmen. They won't be as bad as they were last year, but still probably won't be a contender.

I imagine they were hoping the Hitmen would deal him to a top team, but given they just traded picks to acquire Hvidston, doubt that happens until the deadline, if at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad