Prospect Info: 2024 7th OA : Carter Yakemchuk (RHD)

The Waffler

Smartest Man-Child on HF
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
That's why one should not base their opinions on a group of regular guys on a message board who think they know more than the actual scouts.

I’ll go one further. Most people get their opinions off of what the people on TSN, SNET, etc say. They’re all just monkeys like us with a camcorder and a microphone.

Watch the players yourself, form your own judgements.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Seemed just a little while ago we werent even sure he was going to make the top 6 of WJC this Christmas. Is he a lock now? He has definitely tantalized but i'd like to give him a few games to help him get some confidence when he goes back to dominate enough that he's a lock for a top spot at the World Jrs.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Seemed just a little while ago we werent even sure he was going to make the top 6 of WJC this Christmas. Is he a lock now? He has definitely tantalized but i'd like to give him a few games to help him get some confidence when he goes back to dominate enough that he's a lock for a top spot at the World Jrs.
I'm not sure he is a lock yet, but he has to be close at this point.

If he gets a handful of regular season games, he should cement his spot.

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022
The Sens have the longest stretch of no playoffs in the league.

We always lose the season in the first 10-20 games.

History shows us we most likely aren't going to make the playoffs.

For that reason I think we should play Yakemchuk this year. Get him 9 games and in a year or two he might actually help us win games in October and November.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
The Sens have the longest stretch of no playoffs in the league.

We always lose the season in the first 10-20 games.

History shows us we most likely aren't going to make the playoffs.

For that reason I think we should play Yakemchuk this year. Get him 9 games and in a year or two he might actually help us win games in October and November.
Sens are third worst
Sabres are almost double the Sens in not making it, and Detroit is second.

Oct 10, 2010
Everyone talks about Yak playing 9 games I’m sure if they give him the 9 games they won’t be able to send him down because he’ll likely be our 2nd best D-man lol
He should definitely start will the team and management should have an understanding that if he plays well you can’t send him down, especially if the team is winning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad