Prospect Info: [2024 - 70th] Aatos Koivu (F) TPS Turku

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
Beautiful legacy pick. Seems to be a class act just like his father. Wonder if he'll be in Liiga full-time next season.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I wanted three players this year, and this is the only one of the three I got. But I love this pick. Saku is my alltime favorite player and I'm happy as hell to see his son with us now. I wanted Lindstrom but he went before we could pick, and I wanted Iginla but... yeah, Demidov you can't say no to. Great draft! I think this is my favorite group of Habs picks in a long, long time!

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Regardless of his lineage, he is a great pick in the third round.

He's got a good set of skills to work with. Could be another Beck/Kapanen type.

billy piton

Apr 5, 2010
Zagreb
nice pick, but it's getting crazy with all those right handed centers in the system.

rhc:
suzuki
dach
evans
beck
kapanen
hage
koivu

lhc:
dvorak
newhook, kind of
kidney

Demigod11

Jun 28, 2021

Attachments

• anime-feel-the-love.gif
    anime-feel-the-love.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • Haha
Reactions: Habs10Habs

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
OK, Aatos might never be a hab BUT we know saku so we know saku will make sure that after the habs have given aatos this chance, that saku will make sure aatos gives 110% every minute to his development because Saku knows the best think that has happened to aatos is being picked by the habs. A chance to change his WHOLE LIFE,

jonu

Dec 11, 2014
Moon
He is a late bloomer because of injuries and after that, a late growth spurt giving him 20 centimeters in the last 1½ years or so. At some point he was 180cm and 57kg ( 5'9 and 125lbs) which is obviously really skinny.

Toolbox is there but right now missing the tools. Could be a gem of a pick.

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
Some random thought that occurred to me, Aatos must have been like 3 when Saku left Montreal as a free agent and joined the Ducks. So Aatos’ memories of Saku’s playing career is probably from his time in Anaheim.

Reactions: DAChampion

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Some random thought that occurred to me, Aatos must have been like 3 when Saku left Montreal as a free agent and joined the Ducks. So Aatos’ memories of Saku’s playing career is probably from his time in Anaheim.

Here’s another one, just a few weeks before Aatos was born that dirty rat Justin Williams stabbed Saku in the eyes. Crazy how time flies.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
I like how the majority, myself included, are just...doesn't bother if it doesn't lead to anything, for a 3rd round pick...just happy we picked him
:laugh: That's why i consider he is a marketing selection. I hope he will become a good player for us , and he seems to have taken big steps this year, so he could be a good pick at this point ... But people are just happy to see him selected even if he doesn't make it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad