Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Always my #2 in 2024 draft and I always prefer him to Michkov. But that's my preference, both complete each other perfectly, that would be fun to have both, but a team isn't build with just only wingers.

Demidov should have gone easily #2 in 2024 draft. He is very close to Celebrini in term of talent//potential.

We are very lucky to have that type of talent at 5.
Seriously, you have no idea how lucky we got with Demidov. Lindstrom is injure again! Slow start for Senneck.

Can you imagine, if we had drafted Lindstrom with his history of injury? With Our history of injury...

We got lucky with Demidov. Thanks god Anaheim and Columbus skipped on him.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
You're not, if you printed receipts you'd print your own and realize that we all make our fair share of good and bad reads.

No one disputed Michkovs talent. Once Carlsson and Fantilli were gone, there was no direct competition for Michkov on a talent level. So 3 organizations making the decision to pass means that there were other factors at play.

The factors as we go further along point to not wanting a top 6 pick developing in SKA for 3 years; and only Philly learning about his ability to get out of that contract early.

As more information comes out, are we not allowed to change how we view the situation? Or do we all have to get stuck with the calls we make, with the information we had at the time?
But how can we ignore the toxic situation that Montreal made for Russian players during the early days of the Ukraine invasion - wide reports that we wouldn’t be taking any Russians in the draft that year and a full purge of Russians from our NHL and AHL teams

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Seriously, you have no idea how lucky we got with Demidov. Lindstrom is injure again! Slow start for Senneck.

Can you imagine, if we had drafted Lindstrom with his history of injury? With Our history of injury...

We got lucky with Demidov. Thanks god Anaheim and Columbus skipped on him.
We had no business to be in a position to pick, I agree. Don’t forget we also got lucky the last two games when Zona and Ottawa pulled of wins, and the lottery where we kept our 5th spot against the odds (6th was the odds favorite).

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
He would look so unbelievably good with a James Hagens type player. 2 talents like that together can dominate.

If this team sticks to the plan and have a chance to get the 1st overall pick this June you've got a potential for a revolutionary first line for the first time in decades.

Reactions: Habs

Habs

Who needs Michkov when you've got Bustbacher
Feb 28, 2002
He would look so unbelievably good with a James Hagens type player. 2 talents like that together can dominate.

If this team sticks to the plan and have a chance to get the 1st overall pick this June you've got a potential for a revolutionary first line for the first time in decades.

f*** yeah, that's why I'm all for just an atrocious season for next year's draft. We can do it, any of the top 3 C's look amazing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad