Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yikes man

I don't partake in character assassination of a young 18 years old man because I need to cope. I have made plenty of bad calls, that's not what this is about. It's about poor character and just overall being low-level fans. Were not Sens fans or Leafs fans, acting like this should be frowned upon.

Those were threads that came out of the draft process. No one invented character concerns about him. Those were part of the rumblings around the kid.

So far it seems like the reality is that he wanted to go to Philly, and he withheld information from teams to make that happen. Which some people might have an issue with, but I personally have no problems with that and way more issues with what Cutter Gauthier did.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
You're not, if you printed receipts you'd print your own and realize that we all make our fair share of good and bad reads.

No one disputed Michkovs talent. Once Carlsson and Fantilli were gone, there was no direct competition for Michkov on a talent level. So 3 organizations making the decision to pass means that there were other factors at play.

The factors as we go further along point to not wanting a top 6 pick developing in SKA for 3 years; and only Philly learning about his ability to get out of that contract early.

As more information comes out, are we not allowed to change how we view the situation? Or do we all have to get stuck with the calls we make, with the information we had at the time?
Just take the L for God’s sake

You were leading the marching band last year and still won’t give up the crusade. Move on.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Just take the L for God’s sake

You were leading the marching band last year and still won’t give up the crusade. Move on.

Rich, coming from you.

I'm not taking an L on anything, all I ever did was repeat the talking points that were coming out around Michkov around the draft and laid it out for everyone because the board was in hysterics over the idea we wouldn't take him.

We weren't going to take him and we didn't. Other teams also didn't take him for the same set of circumstances that were around the player.

I never once said he had bad character. Or he was a bad teammate. How would I know? All I ever said is that it there might be smoke to that due to the fact multiple teams passed on him, and SKA loaned him out, let him cut his contract early and had a plan in place to loan him out again if he didn't make the Flyers.

All of those points made it very odd that a KHL team with that level of control on a player like Michkov would do anything to not have him play for them. Now seeing how they are treating Demidov who didn't even have a vapor of character concerns around him at the draft, it pushes the narrative closer to SKA just being a maniacally weird and stupid organization.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
If Michkov refused to interview with us or gave an intentionally horrible interview, and gave all signs that he wouldn't play for us, how can some still be mad that we didn't draft him?

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
If you stand back and take a look what has/is transpiring with this kid? As a fan? f***ing fantastic shit!

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
If Michkov refused to interview with us or gave an intentionally horrible interview, and gave all signs that he wouldn't play for us, how can some still be mad that we didn't draft him?

Has this been proven or is it just stories?

Reactions: ReHabs and Mrb1p

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
It will be an easy transition for Demidov once he comes to Montreal. Just like in Russia, all he has to say is, he loves PoUTINe.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Has this been proven or is it just stories?
Idk. But, there’s two things that raised red flags. Still not enough for me at the time but they were still legit red flags. There was that real interview from the Capitals scout with Russian media which I saw in translation basically saying he had the worst personality of a prospect that he had ever spoke to. The other real thing is I went on Russian hockey message boards which I translated and a lot of posters where saying some of the comments Michkov said showed he was a self-entitled egotistical kid. I still would have drafted him at the time.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Idk. But, there’s two things that raised red flags. Still not enough for me at the time but they were still legit red flags. There was that real interview from the Capitals scout with Russian media which I saw in translation basically saying he had the worst personality of a prospect that he had ever spoke to. The other real thing is I went on Russian hockey message boards which I translated and a lot of posters where saying some of the comments Michkov said showed he was a self-entitled egotistical kid. I still would have drafted him at the time.

The Russian Bo Callahan ☺️

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
If [clearly false statement] is true, then I am correct.

The Habs met with him at least once, btw.

Not sure why it’s hard to accept the Habs didn’t like him and preferred Reinbacher. No dogging interviews or conniving to deceive or whatever conspiracy — the Habs preferred the other kid.

The conspiracy stuff is really pathetic at this point.

Rich, coming from you.

I'm not taking an L on anything, all I ever did was repeat the talking points that were coming out around Michkov around the draft and laid it out for everyone because the board was in hysterics over the idea we wouldn't take him.

We weren't going to take him and we didn't. Other teams also didn't take him for the same set of circumstances that were around the player.

I never once said he had bad character. Or he was a bad teammate. How would I know? All I ever said is that it there might be smoke to that due to the fact multiple teams passed on him, and SKA loaned him out, let him cut his contract early and had a plan in place to loan him out again if he didn't make the Flyers.

All of those points made it very odd that a KHL team with that level of control on a player like Michkov would do anything to not have him play for them. Now seeing how they are treating Demidov who didn't even have a vapor of character concerns around him at the draft, it pushes the narrative closer to SKA just being a maniacally weird and stupid organization.
I hope you read this over when you’re off your soapbox and see how many contractions you’ve put out.

Absent evidence, all of you come across as both crazy and hypocritical.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad