Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Gorton flying over to whoop they ass again.View attachment 919200

tenor.gif

View attachment 919201

Reactions: G0bias

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
For the first time in nhl history, a trade will be made between one nhl club and one khl team

Demidov to Montreal
Dvorak to St.Petersburg

If it dont bring emotion to Dvorak, nothing will

Grate n Colorful Oz

The Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
For the first time in nhl history, a trade will be made between one nhl club and one khl team

Demidov to Montreal
Dvorak to St.Petersburg

If it dont bring emotion to Dvorak, nothing will

I'm pretty sure he'd be brimming with joy if he'd get reacquainted with his old band. I mean, just look at that smile. I don't think I've ever seen him happier:

Polish-20241019-130930174.png

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
I don't get why the Habs front office would want to do business in such a public manner. That isn't their modus operandi.​

Gorton went to a few shows (in both languages) to explain the Demidov situation and articles were published in hockey outlets like THN saying stuff like *Demidov ice time was cut and that's a good thing, here's why;* and now Kent announce he's going over there.

I believe SKA got tired of the toxic trolls and called the Habs or maybe it's the Habs initiative. Either way the objective is clear. Chill out!

JIMVINNY

Nov 9, 2007
What do you mean the contract situation wasn't the same ? Michkov expressed he wanted to leave and be in the NHL and he made it in the NHL in the same time frame as Demidov is supposed to be in the NHL. It's exactly the same reason and I love how stupid most people look in here.
They had control of Michkov for 3 more years. If they actually wanted him, they would have kept him, played him, and not worried about the contract for at least 2 years. This wasn't even CLOSE to the same contract situation as Demidov. SKA was aware that both players wanted to go to the NHL. Demidov is facing this treatment because he leaves literally months from now. Michkov was shipped off to a bottom feeder before they even thought to cut his ice time. Then they let him out of his contract (that still has TWO YEARS left) to go to the NHL. They don't want him, whereas they're making every possible effort to Demidov, who they clearly DO want.

You can sugarcoat it, justify it, wrap it up however you want, the fact remains SKA clearly valued one over the other.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad