Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
That's what Slafkovsky averaged up until mid November of last year

To be fair, NHL is a better league and whereas Demidov looks fluid in the KHL, Slafkovsky did not play like a legit top-9 NHLer. League was too fast for him in 2022-23.

Unfortunately for Demidov, it seems like the KHL is too fast for Kuznetsov right now.......or maybe it's way too f***ing slow, depending on nasal activity.

Reactions: Kobe Armstrong

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
To be fair, NHL is a better league and whereas Demidov looks fluid in the KHL, Slafkovsky did not play like a legit top-9 NHLer. League was too fast for him in 2022-23.

Unfortunately for Demidov, it seems like the KHL is too fast for Kuznetsov right now.......or maybe it's way too f***ing slow, depending on nasal activity.
Slaf is an interesting case because he didn't look anywhere near as good as Seguin, but who knows if he would have found his game if he went to the AHL. Maybe he would have found his game faster if he wasn't rushed, but from what we know he was able to find his game from playing limited minutes in the NHL

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Demidov played centre fairly often in the MHL, started the playoffs there. He’s stated he prefers to play centre and would be happy to play there if the coaching staff made that decision. I’d be curious to see how he performs if given a chance with SKA, there’s parts of his skill set that would really shine, other aspects that may not.

I’d happily pick a centre in the upcoming draft though. If things work out and we have two or more solid top-6 Cs, the transition to wing is not complicated.

In the Habs post draft videos, one of the scouts said Demidov could be a future number 1 center. I wouldn't be surprised at if he played center for us long term. Imagine we could make it work under the cap to have Demidov-Suzuki-Dach as our top 3 centers.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
1000009972.jpg

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Drew a penalty (would have scored)
Real nice moves on a 1 on 3 but guy went to the net instead of taking the space left back by defenders, so errant pass.
Real nice entry on the PP to get it set up on a high pressured zone entry.

Other than that, not a lot of puck touches for the line, a lot of terrible plays by Kuznetsov and for some reason using him in the bumper on the PP.
Whh hi is the last Habs player that was this much of a play driver/offensive threat like this in your view?

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Yeah Michkov was always on the PP from day 1. They gave him good players to play with. And he always had solid ice time every game. No periods where he had only one or two 20 second shifts.

But in Sochi, Michkov was more of an opportunist that would take advantage of a defensive breakdown. He didn’t take control of the play like Demidov does all the time even with his inconsequential ice time.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Ah, maybe your right i might’ve responded wrong.

But Demidov played 9 games so it should be compared at the end of his season
I’ll be curious to see the season totals for Demidov as well. I’m also curious to see if he will be given prime opportunities like Michkov was. PP1 and top line minutes. Demidov is so dominant

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I'd love to know what his p/60 this year is is compared to michkovs season last year. Anybody have that info?

I had to calculate the p/60 manually so it might not be 100% accurate, the KHL website has a lots of stats but not that one. Michov TOI/g was 16:58 last year, while Demidov is at 13:08 right now.

Demidov in 9 games: 0.778 p/g and ~3.589 p/60
Michkov last year in 48 games: 0.854 p/g and ~3.014 p/60

Demidov p/60 would probably drop if he played a bit more thought.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Correct me if wrong but the p/60 is designed for those reasons no? To determine who is the most productive per time played?
The teams and and opportunities are too different to get an accurate number for this

Per time played =/= playing with top6 players/PP1

If you want Demidovs p/60 then you match it with Michkov's SKA p/60 and not his Sochi p/60

Reactions: MTL Dirty Birdy

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I won't over-analyze his game this season. Watching the occasional highlight will suffice. Too many factors making the situation complex in Russia to really be worth it. See you next year, Ivan!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad