Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Keep in mind, even if he's not playing many minutes...he's still practicing daily against ex-NHLers. Despite Rotenberg's lunacy, SKA still has really super facilities and great development staff.

I mean if he was born in Quebec he'd probably be in the Q playing against future truck drivers and accountants; I don't think he's quite NHL ready yet.
100%!

i feel like we are panicking way to much about Demidov. Playing in the NHl at the age of 18 is not easy. We all saw it with Slaf or any rookie. Let him gain some muscle and experience playing in the KHL.

we are also bored. I'm sure we will start talking less about Demidov when the season start.

Last edited:

Next Best Thing

Oct 31, 2022
I've changed from a "wait-and-see" stance to "this is pointless, might as well have him start in the NHL"

He literally gets all the benefits here in the NHL that he gets playing for SKA and much more, including close following by our own staff as well as getting acclamated to the team and playing in the best league which is even better for him, development wise.

Now I get that we don't control this, but we should try to actively pluck him still.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
any chance he gets fired if SKA keeps losing ? arent they suppose to be a force in the K

That would require him to less or more fire himself...

No, he was given the job because of politics.

Yes Rotenberg can be fired.
SKA is his personal fiefdom, but that doesn't mean there's no accountability.
Alexander Medvedev would likely pull strings to have Rotenberg leave honorably in the event things completely and totally fall off a cliff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
It’s what happens when free speech is not a reality in public discourse, you get really irked when questioned.
1726273264693.gif

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
I believe Rotenberg’s family business builds sports stadiums throughout Europe. He’s loaded. Coaching SKA is basically his “hobby.”

Coaching SKA is Rotenberg's everything. He's 1 of 2 dipshit sons of Boris Rotenberg, the other son is a nepostist footballer for Finland.
They needed to find something to do for Roman so they gave him part of Russian hockey among some other things. His father, uncle and cousin are the serious businessmen.
It explains his overcompensating personality.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Rottingburg finally started using Demidov in The 3rd period of game 4 when he tried to spark some offence. Will he continue to give ice time based on merit? TBD
SKA’s offense has been anemic. If he wants to win, he’ll be throwing Demidov out there all the time. It would also make the games more entertaining for us. But I’m still not sure what Rottenberg’s end game is.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I think the old distinction between Michkov and Demidov still rings true today.

Michkov enters the zone, makes a move, beats the defender, and scores

Demidov enters the zone, makes a move, beats the defender, and the goalie saves it

Lucky for us, the Habs are in much bigger need of an offensive playmaker than another scorer. Michkov will likely score more goals in the NHL, but Demidov is the kind of guy who will add 20+ points for his linemates

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Coaching SKA is Rotenberg's everything. He's 1 of 2 dipshit sons of Boris Rotenberg, the other son is a nepostist footballer for Finland.
They needed to find something to do for Roman so they gave him part of Russian hockey among some other things. His father, uncle and cousin are the serious businessmen.
It explains his overcompensating personality.
Fredo type

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad