Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Why the stereotype? This is a SKA situation, not a "Russian" one. Lots of young players are getting great ice time in the KHL. In fact there exists coaches who are very NHL friendly in KHL, especially ex-NHLers.

I think it's a Russian factor... They got a kid with lots of talent and don't like loosing their talent. They will try to use any leverage they have.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
Love all the experts in here panicking about icetime and demanding the Habs try and bring him over. Sounds like the same experts who wanted Slaf to develop in the AHL before making the big club. How'd that one work out?

Reactions: jrom and Andrei79

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
For Habs fans Demidov is the center of the KHL, but most Rotenberg criticism really hasn't been about Demidov. Not many people are on twitter, or reddit, let alone or foreign hockey sites. Russia has its own social media.
Critisim is primarily aimed at Kuznetsov and how laughably disjoined SKA is.

I mean SKA looks BAD. The 'foreign press' is just another excuse RoRo is throwing around. Add it to the litany of others over the years. Injuries, extended travel, bad ice, etc. etc.

I fail to believe all this attention and interest Canadien fans are giving SKA is going unnoticed.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Love all the experts in here panicking about icetime and demanding the Habs try and bring him over. Sounds like the same experts who wanted Slaf to develop in the AHL before making the big club. How'd that one work out?

I say this a lot but I never understood why at all my time at HF so many posters just feel they have to offer up an opinion even though they know full well they don't know what they are talking about. I mean really how many posters on here spend much time watching Russian or Euro league games. Sure some do clearly, but I can tell the stats on my over 1200 vids of Hab prospects that rarely do my Euro vids get much views at all and are often lucky to even get 1K view which is like saying go to work for 2-3 hours and get paid a buck or two for your troubles.

If you don't know say Russian hockey, which is totally understandable, as why would most spend time following those leagues if they aren't paid to do so. I just don't get why fans feel the need to offer up opinions when they don't know the league, the rules, the players, etc... I see it all the time because so many seem to think that if you look at a prospects stats and compare them to another prospects stats even if it's in a different league, they know what said prospect will turn into like magic.

Some just need to relax and let things unfold, we don't need to hear every few seconds, bring him over every time he plays under 10 mins a game.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
I say this a lot but I never understood why at all my time at HF so many posters just feel they have to offer up an opinion even though they know full well they don't know what they are talking about. I mean really how many posters on here spend much time watching Russian or Euro league games. Sure some do clearly, but I can tell the stats on my over 1200 vids of Hab prospects that rarely do my Euro vids get much views at all and are often lucky to even get 1K view which is like saying go to work for 2-3 hours and get paid a buck or two for your troubles.

If you don't know say Russian hockey, which is totally understandable, as why would most spend time following those leagues if they aren't paid to do so. I just don't get why fans feel the need to offer up opinions when they don't know the league, the rules, the players, etc... I see it all the time because so many seem to think that if you look at a prospects stats and compare them to another prospects stats even if it's in a different league, they know what said prospect will turn into like magic.

Some just need to relax and let things unfold, we don't need to hear every few seconds, bring him over every time he plays under 10 mins a game.

I've put 3 kids through minor hockey and I always felt that they got more out of practice than they did in games. Not giving a ton of icetime doesn't necessarily mean that they're not optimally developing the player. He'll be fine. No one panic.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
Nikishin was already playing 22+ minutes per games when SKA acquired him a few years ago.
Gritsyuk started with Omsk and his TOI with SKA haven't increased from his Omsk days either.

Neither Nikishin or Gritsyuk were vets 3 years ago when they were playing similar TOI.

I noticed in the highlights Nikishin wore the C, not Kuznetsov. He will be playing for Carolina next year. Giving a guy the captaincy is a weird way of punishing him for leaving the KHL.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
I think it's a Russian factor... They got a kid with lots of talent and don't like loosing their talent. They will try to use any leverage they have.
They know he's leaving. There's little to no leverage applied here. He's a teenager rookie coming off a big ankle injury. It's early in the season. etc.

I wanted Slaf in the AHL because I felt it was the more optimal option in this case, from the perspective of the Habs, we have ZERO options so there's no point being upset and getting mad about the quotidian minutiae over in SKA.

I know what'll happen. I know Habs fans will make fools of themselves from now until the season's over, and it'll give pause both to the Habs organization and their KHL counterparts in future with regards to other prospects and draftees. It's frankly pathetic.

Habs fans are over the top annoying I don't blame SKA

That being said....Imagine the Habs turning off comments on their social platforms after being blanked back-to-back as MSL blame Slovak fans for not studying the subject

:slaugh:

Of course an embattled team with an insecure coach would batten down the hatches and make a They're Against Us mentality. And the fact is there are a lot of Habs fans posting nonsense on SKA's social media and about SKA and Rotenberg. It's unnecessary at best.

If Slovak fans were spamming the Habs' posts, maybe the Habs would respond to that as well -- although I feel they'd do it discreetly and through a media mouthpiece rather than head on as Rotenberg decided.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
Habs fans are over the top annoying I don't blame SKA

That being said....Imagine the Habs turning off comments on their social platforms after being blanked back-to-back as MSL blame Slovak fans for not studying the subject

:slaugh:

So all this negativity is coming from non Russians who are learning Russian and flooding Telegram just to insult SKA St. Petersburg?

alrighty-then-well.gif

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Slaf was always gonna get better but his first year he should of 100% been sent down hes lucky he didnt suffer multiple concussions he always had his head down and rushed every play it was horrible that being said he stepped up big time in the second half of last season

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I noticed in the highlights Nikishin wore the C, not Kuznetsov. He will be playing for Carolina next year. Giving a guy the captaincy is a weird way of punishing him for leaving the KHL.
Nikishin was made captain last year, the team vote on it each season (no idea if they had the vote yet) and they give the C to someone else if the captain is injured (so Kuznetsov had it while Nikishin was injured).

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Its funny because hes also just saying that since the comments aren't from Russia we don't know what we are talking about haha talk about living in your little bubble bro everybody is watching your games for free and see's how bad your team is
It’s what happens when free speech is not a reality in public discourse, you get really irked when questioned.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Its funny because hes also just saying that since the comments aren't from Russia we don't know what we are talking about haha talk about living in your little bubble bro everybody is watching your games for free and see's how bad your team is

Teams often struggle at the start of the season to gel with new players. Posters talk a lot of shit but if I asked them what Head Coach's team led the KHL in wins in each of the last 2 seasons, I bet 99% wouldn't know that is was in fact SKA's HC Roman Rotenberg, so it's not like this guy doesn't know how to coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad