Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Let's be honest, even if demidov puts up PPG, everyone will downplay it and still say michkov was better. Not that we should care BUT what totals do you think demidov needs to get for people to actually admit he had a better D+1 year?
Not saying this to you specifically, but what would that accomplish either way?

This Habs fans vs Flyers fans debate over Michkov/Demidov is one of the more bizarre phenomenon's I've witnessed.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
That chance where he almost scored is something no one we've drafted since I've been alive would be able to do.

Caufield and Slaf are definitely skilled enough to do those moves. The difference between Demidov and them, is that Demidov will attempt those highlight real moves more often and with a higher success rate.

This goal by Caufield is somewhat similar to the move Demidov made

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Let's be honest, even if demidov puts up PPG, everyone will downplay it and still say michkov was better. Not that we should care BUT what totals do you think demidov needs to get for people to actually admit he had a better D+1 year?

Who cares? I'm hoping Demidov is an incredible NHLer and ideally better in the NHL than Michkov, but that doesn't really matter. The truth is that what either did/does in the KHL isn't the end of the story and the one time they were in competition (trying to make SKA last season), Demidov won out, even if he didn't stick on the team.

I'm more interested in seeing how Reinbacher progresses in NA relative to Michkov than Demidov.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

This Habs fans vs Flyers fans debate over Michkov/Demidov is one of the more bizarre phenomenon's I've witnessed.
Yeah I was wondering how to tackle that post myself lol

I don't *need Demidov to have a better D+1 than michkov* it's more
*just happy to have 1 of the 2, and don't care about the other anymore, like, at all*

Reactions: 417 and morhilane

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Flyers fans are still bitter about Caufield.

But Cam York put up good numbers last year...

• Haha
Reactions: 417

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
The production is actually outstanding , the actual on ice product/effort leaves something to be desired tho , especially the defending
Agreed, but I try to get to a few OHL games per year, it's the same idea, defending often sucks, I went to at least two games last year where one team scored 10 goals, but at the end of the day it's entertaining and that's what I'm looking for!

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Fuonki

Jan 2, 2020
Really enjoyed watching the KHL game, I'm going to tune in for sure to more this season, it's high quality production. I'm also looking forward to the day that Russians are back in international tournaments - truly one of the great hockey nations.
Some things are far more important than grown men playing with rubber discs in a rink

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Yeah, getting to play with Kuznetsov will be really good for him hockey wise, but I sure hope Demidov doesn't spend any more time than absolutely necessary around the guy outside the rink.
Demidov strikes me as VERY focused on his goals. Learning TWO languages at the same time for when he comes here, studying coaching at a university level to better understand the game, a reputation for being a gym rat. I don’t think anybody is going to distract this kid

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Demidov strikes me as VERY focused on his goals. Learning TWO languages at the same time for when he comes here, studying coaching at a university level to better understand the game, a reputation for being a gym rat. I don’t think anybody is going to distract this kid
That's what you call a professional. A real one

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Who cares? I'm hoping Demidov is an incredible NHLer and ideally better in the NHL than Michkov, but that doesn't really matter. The truth is that what either did/does in the KHL isn't the end of the story and the one time they were in competition (trying to make SKA last season), Demidov won out, even if he didn't stick on the team.

I'm more interested in seeing how Reinbacher progresses in NA relative to Michkov than Demidov.
exactly...Habs won the Cup when Howe, Orr and Gretzky played in the league. Great players don't always guarantee championships.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Watched @montreal 's shift by shift. He was good for a rookie, but still rough around the edges and has many things to work on. Looks stronger and faster. The stick skills are sick. The smarts are there.

One thing I hope continues is having Kuznetsov on his line. Even being way past his prime, Kuznetsov is still a hell of a smart player on top of being an incredible skater technically. His shuffles are still some of the best in the world. He's patient and is so good at creating open ice for his teammates and making defenses commit. He'll learn a lot about what creates offense in the KHL and NHL playing with him

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
70 days since the Demidov era began.
1472834543-risitas-russe.png

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Anyone know the depth chart/where’s he’s playing? Sorry if been asked
Had the 14th most minutes yesterday and had 14 minutes of ice time which equates to 3rd line minutes.

Watched @montreal 's shift by shift. He was good for a rookie, but still rough around the edges and has many things to work on. Looks stronger and faster. The stick skills are sick. The smarts are there.

One thing I hope continues is having Kuznetsov on his line. Even being way past his prime, Kuznetsov is still a hell of a smart player on top of being an incredible skater technically. His shuffles are still some of the best in the world. He's patient and is so good at creating open ice for his teammates and making defenses commit. He'll learn a lot about what creates offense in the KHL and NHL playing with him
"One thing I hope continues is having Kuznetsov on his line"

💯 % agree

goforit

Apr 14, 2010
Montreal
What would be considered a very good season for Demidov point wise in the KHL?
To me, to confirm that he's as good as everybody see him, he has to put up 0,75 ppg in the KHL. That's if they play him top9 minutes, obviously. If he get the 'he wanna leave Russia' treatment and is getting benched, i have no other expectations than seeing him coming overseas at the end of the season.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
What would be considered a very good season for Demidov point wise in the KHL?
He’s already met my expectations for a very good season in the KHL. He’s shown me he’s big enough, he’s strong enough. He can deke, spin and confuse KHL players with practically the same ease as he does MHL Juniors. Zero learning curve was necessary.

Michkov had 41 pts in 48 games. (0.85 ppg)

Next U20 KHL forward (Ilyin) had 29 pts in 65 games. (0.45 ppg)

So somewhere in between would be good.
He’ll easily meet those numbers barring injury or scant minutes of usage.

JIMVINNY

Nov 9, 2007
He’s already met my expectations for a very good season in the KHL. He’s shown me he’s big enough, he’s strong enough. He can deke, spin and confuse KHL players with practically the same ease as he does MHL Juniors. Zero learning curve was necessary.

He’ll easily meet those numbers barring injury or scant minutes of usage.
I'm with you on this. If he were demoted tomorrow and doesn't get more than 7 minutes a game for the rest of the season playing with plugs, it won't bother me in the least. He's still rough around the edges, but absolutely ready for the NHL in a top 6 role. I don't need to see anything else to know that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad