Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I could see Laine working well with Suzuki and Slaf - and then Demidov really bringing the best out of Dach and Cafield.

Laine - Suzuki - Slaf
Caufield - Dach - Demidov (would be like Caufield-Suzuki-Dach, except Demidov in for Suzuki).

Mudz

3peat watch: 0/3
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
I could see Laine working well with Suzuki and Slaf - and then Demidov really bringing the best out of Dach and Cafield.

Laine - Suzuki - Slaf
Caufield - Dach - Demidov (would be like Caufield-Suzuki-Dach, except Demidov in for Suzuki).

I got

Laine- Suzuki - Demidov --- Big-Mid-Mid
Caufield - Dach - Slaf - Small-Big-Big
Roy-Beck-Newhook

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
If SKA had the marketing, it'd make for quite the adventure! Uncle Vlad subsidizes 1 plane from MTL, and 1 plane from TOR to get ~500 Canadians to cheer on SKA for 1 week in mother Russia..
How many went for the Summit Series?

efa.jpg

I ain't getting on any Ruskie KHL plane and/or flying through eastern european air space

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I doubt the team that writes the habs articles had knowledge on who the habs wanted.

Most of the names that were seen as a possibility at 5 (Sennecke, Lindstrom, Dickinson, Iginla, Catton, Parekh) would've taken part in the prospects game, so there was a good chance that we would pick someone who wouldve been there.
I wasn’t being too serious, however…

In the same paragraph, the press release names 7 players who are eligible to participate. You can bet the Comms team involved the hockey ops folks in some way - either asked for a blurb about who might be playing, or at least had them sign off on the list they came up with. Given the timing, hockey ops were likely too busy to give it much thought.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
I doubt the team that writes the habs articles had knowledge on who the habs wanted.

Most of the names that were seen as a possibility at 5 (Sennecke, Lindstrom, Dickinson, Iginla, Catton, Parekh) would've taken part in the prospects game, so there was a good chance that we would pick someone who wouldve been there.
If it wasn’t clear before, it’s now clear Demidov was top-2 in the draft, and Habs would have made the right decision to move up and fetch him earlier if they knew he’d be gone by 5.

It hurts me to think we missed out on him. I hope their mission was litterally « Get Demidov! ».

Last edited:

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Might be hard, Michkov was getting lots of opportunities in Sochi because the roster wasn't that good. It's different with SKA.
I don't honestly really care what his numbers look like this season if he does in fact remain in the KHL all season, as long as he's up there

We all know the 'deal' here.

But if he helps them in any shape or form to win a championship? Even at 0.5 ppg, I'd consider the D+1 enormously successful

Considering the number of fans who actually watched Reinbacher play hoping he'd lose...
Hmmm you may just be right. :laugh:
No it's worse than you think bud lol...

The 2 teams people were watching/keeping tabs on that week didn't even have Reinbacher on ANY of them LOL

They are still scratching their heads at the rating spike

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I got

Laine- Suzuki - Demidov --- Big-Mid-Mid
Caufield - Dach - Slaf - Small-Big-Big
Roy-Beck-Newhook
There are a lot of possible line combos I could see working, like this one.

Plus we have Hage and Kapanen on the way probably Kapanen next year and Hage the year after. I think there will be a log jam on that 3rd line like we're seeing at LD now.

Last edited:

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
They have over 30 players and 4 goalies on that photo….. Are they gonna use them all or some are MHL bound ?
If I remember correctly, KHL teams have 26 players roster with 3 goalies, but can only suit 24 for games and there is another rule where two needs to be under 20 years old.

Reactions: themilosh

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Out of all the combo's afforded to the Habs now, the ones I'd love to eventually see is:

Laine Dach Slaf - This is a legion of doom level line with size, skill and speed.
Cole Suzuki and Demidov - The level of sheer talent and goal scoring ability is making me blush.

Honestly might be two of the better lines in the NHL.

Last edited:

Jul 6, 2016
Michkov going to Sochi wasn’t by accident. If Demidov stays with Ska it’ll probably be a testament to a better all round package including attitude
For me it is still a mystery why SKA decided to let Michkov go to NHL even he had still a valid contract for two more seasons. Did Flyers payed them a huge ransom ? is Michkov such a bad teamate ? The kid is supposed to be the second best young player in the World behind Celibrini. Why not keep him and use him to win games, give a good show, etc… ?

And now, they might try very hard to have Demidov sign a long term contract for the coming seasons…..

Last edited:

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
For me it is still a mystery why SKA decided to let Michkov go to NHL even he had still a valid contract for two more seasons. Did Flyers payed them a huge ransom ? is Michkov such a bad teamate ? The kid is supposed to be the second best young players in the World behind Celibrini. Why not keep him and use him to win games, give a good show, etc… ?

And now, they might try very hard to have Demidov sign a long term contract for the coming seasons…..
Flyers 100% for sure paid the team to get him

Reactions: rahad

Jul 6, 2016
Out of all the combo's afforded to the Habs now, the ones I'd love to eventually see is:

Laine Dach Slaf - This is a legion of doom level line with size, skill and speed.
Cole Suzuki and Demidov - The level of sheer talent and goal scoring ability is making me blush.

Honestly might be two of the better lines in the NHL.
I am looking forward to see Laine and Dach after having missed almost a full season last year. Are our expectations about them too high for this coming season ?

Last edited:

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Curious to ser where they gonna use him. Finger crossed for top 6 icetime.

Just hope they wont bury him once they know for sure they wont be able to extend him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad