Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
It's going to be interesting to see where the chemistry is, who is best with who, and if all 6 of those top six players play well and stay healthy, will we be able to keep them all due to the cap.

Some combos I could see being optimal:

Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf
Laine - Dach - Demidov

Laine - Suzuki - Demidov
Caufield - Dach - Slaf

Laine - Suzuki - Slaf
Caufield - Dach - Demidov

Caufield - Suzuki - Demidov
Laine - Dach - Slaf

No to the the scthroumph and Gargamel line :)

Woùld personnaly run with option 2

Slaf and Dach would ditch puck and open shooting lane for Caufield

• Haha
Reactions: DAChampion

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
The NHL never (NEVER) calls hits from behind (usually just calls them boarding) but it is there (Rule 43).
1724246963331.gif

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I'm confused. He's going to play with Russia U23? There are two reasons I ask. One is because he wasn't on the roster when Russia released it (Volokhin was). Second reason is because SKA is in this tournament. The teams participating are:

Russia U23
SKA St. Petersburg
AK Bars
Sohi
Kunlun

So I thought Demidov was going to participate with his club team.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
I'm confused. He's going to play with Russia U23? There are two reasons I ask. One is because he wasn't on the roster when Russia released it (Volokhin was). Second reason is because SKA is in this tournament. The teams participating are:

Russia U23
SKA St. Petersburg
AK Bars
Sohi
Kunlun

So I thought Demidov was going to participate with his club team.
He is the captain of the U23 team. I believe somebody here said that the U23 team this year has no high end prospects really, so its not a good thing he is with the U23, even if he is the captain.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
He is the captain of the U23 team. I believe somebody here said that the U23 team this year has no high end prospects really, so its not a good thing he is with the U23, even if he is the captain.

I went back and looked in the Volokhin thread to see the Russia roster and Demidov was actually on it. And I had completely missed it. But that's because I had seen online that SKA was participating in this tournament and immediately thought he'd be with them as part of their preseason. So I didn't bother looking for his name. I had looked for Volohkin and Konyushkov, but it only had Volokhin.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

Playing for Russia U23 means he'll get 1st line minutes at the tournament which isn't bad. If he scores some points he'll increase his chances to impress Rotenberg. It's not the best Russia U23 but there still some good players on it, who need to earn places on KHL clubs.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Ok so, been really thinking about it

How do you not have Caufield on the Demidov line 100% of the time?

Demidov is very 'Hughes'-ish
And as we know, Jack and Cole were electric together

As Money as Suzuki-CC is, feels like there's something more to the Suzuki-Slaf duo now, oddly enough lol

Feels like all eyes would be on Demidov and Caufield would 'finish' everything sent his way

So, mixing lines and mixing lines constantly in my head lol, a combination struck me the other day that I found interesting , but it's highly contingent on *Hage* reaching a certain 'attainable' ceiling :

Slafkovsky - Suzuki - Dach (!)
Caufield - Hage - Demidov

But this is not me giving up on Dach as 2C, when it's all said and done Dach is most likely that 2C
But we *also* saw him as RW1, and he was great.. so it's always a possible option..
So, I give two 6"4 skilled wingers for Nick,
While Caufield and Demidov strike fear into 2nd-3rd D pairing hearts for a decade

Thoughts?
Now that we have Laine, what are your thoughts?

• Haha
Reactions: Redux91

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Now that we have Laine, what are your thoughts?
Wellp lol
That 'Dach as a 6"4 winger' I had just turned into a 6"5 Laine lol..
And now 2C becomes Dach's for good

And in a year, strong possibility we get a Laine/Caufield - Dach - Demidov line

Future is more than bright now, it's burnt out my f***ing retinas lol

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Wellp lol
That 'Dach as a 6"4 winger' I had just turned into a 6"5 Laine lol..
And now 2C becomes Dach's for good

And in a year, strong possibility we get a Laine/Caufield - Dach - Demidov line

Future is more than bright now, it's burnt out my f***ing retinas lol
Right?!?! Go back three months. Since we’ve added Laine/Demidov and Hage. Our team is damn near unrecognizavle from the MB era. And thank God! This city deserves it and Hughes is proving what thinking outside the box and having a clear plan can produce.

Ps. I hope your retinas heal so you watch the games haha

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
It's going to be interesting to see where the chemistry is, who is best with who, and if all 6 of those top six players play well and stay healthy, will we be able to keep them all due to the cap.

Some combos I could see being optimal:

Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf
Laine - Dach - Demidov

Laine - Suzuki - Demidov
Caufield - Dach - Slaf

Laine - Suzuki - Slaf
Caufield - Dach - Demidov

Caufield - Suzuki - Demidov
Laine - Dach - Slaf

We could even see the two shooters, Caufield and Laine, on a line together. Erik Cole and Paccioretty had a good line even with Desharnais as their center. They each scored 35.

Demidov - Suzuki - Slaf
Caufield - Dach - Laine

Caufield - Suzuki - Laine
Demidov - Dach - Slaf
I really wanna see that in 2 years

Laine - Suzuki - Demidov
Caufield - Dach - Slaf

I feel it could be great

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Is demidov going to come to training camp this september? I'm hoping he gets a taste and, we get a taste, of him playing with nhl guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad