Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Patrick Bateman vibes

1J4P.gif
Let’s hope he’s a stone cold killer on the ice

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I still can't believe that Habs get this guy at 5. I know he played in MHL but when playoffs times, really really good teams are there and Demidov put 28 pts in 17 playoffs games. Thats insane! His skillset and high offensive IQ will translate perfectly in KHL and NHL, for sure. 90-100 points type of player at NHL level.

Can't wait to see him in his KHL season, I think he will shine aswell in that league.

This guy change everything, it's like having winning the lottery 2nd overall and having a 1st overall pick talent aswell.

Mudz

3peat watch: 0/3
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
Yeah this bizarre idea that you need your top 6 to be wholly made up of all stars is beyond me.

We have tremendous balance throughout out our pool. Taking out a potential top pairing D man with Reinbacher’s profile out of said pool would hardly make me giddy. Mailloux took serious strides but having the luxury of a Reinbacher ahead of him could give us an absolutely evil blue line

Reinbacher is the perfect dman for the way MTL play. And Demidov the perfect winger for MSL IQ teaching.

We are so lucky. If Fowler hit, they can three-peat.

I mean, let's not forget the Xhekaj brothers. They are the perfect mix of grit and offense for the playoffs.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I still can't believe that Habs get this guy at 5. I know he played in MHL but when playoffs times, really really good teams are there and Demidov put 28 pts in 17 playoffs games. Thats insane! His skillset and high offensive IQ will translate perfectly in KHL and NHL, for sure. 90-100 points type of player at NHL level.

Can't wait to see him in his KHL season, I think he will shine aswell in that league.

This guy change everything, it's like having winning the lottery 2nd overall and having a 1st overall pick talent aswell.

I still want to see it to believe it.

Until we have a bonafide NHL star, I'm in favor of keeping drafting players who have the potential to be one. I would have liked Michkov, Demidov, and Eiserman in our prospect pool, but not necessarily at the expense of Reinbacher and Hage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Habs Halifax

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
We (some f***ing how)got the insanely dynamic Russian forward who DOESN’T have the question marks and people are still blathering about the tiny one with plenty of question marks.

We may just have the worst fans in the league lol
We have the best and worst fans lol

I forget who said it, but I recall a former player saying "when you're near the top of the standings, you're royalty here, but if you're in the basement, you're public enemy number one."

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
We have the best and worst fans lol

I forget who said it, but I recall a former player saying "when you're near the top of the standings, you're royalty here, but if you're in the basement, you're public enemy number one."
I don't know any other fan base that stalk the players, make death threats for being drafted over another, call 911 for a hit (Chara on Pacioretti), and I can go on. It's embarrassing.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015

Demidov looks really really good this year beginning in KHL preseason with Michkov.

Thought he was over his injury and khl was already starting, this is from 11 months ago.

I don't know any other fan base that stalk the players, make death threats for being drafted over another, call 911 for a hit (Chara on Pacioretti), and I can go on. It's embarrassing.
I don’t think conflating an entire population and posturing about it is useful or honest either.

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
The holier-than-thou attitude should be parked. Every large fanbase has morons and imbeciles. The larger the fanbase, the more 'incidents'. Repeatedly attacking our own fanbase by dredging up past incidents does nothing to solve it.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Going on Philly boards, you would expect most posts to be on how excited and good Michkov is and will help the team. Instead a huge chunk are on how they’ll kill all his offense, force him to play as a grinder and basically ruin him. A much more disillusioned and pessimistic fanbase than Montreal’s. And it’s not even close.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
A few people are not a "fan base." They're just that, a few people.

Going on Philly boards, you would expect most posts to be on how excited and good Michkov is and will help the team. Instead a huge chunk are on how they’ll kill all his offense, force him to play as a grinder and basically ruin him. A much more disillusioned and pessimistic fanbase than Montreal’s. And it’s not even close.
There's excitement about Michkov but it's tempered by how the Flyers' fake "rebuild" has gone off the tracks since the Cutter Gauthier fiasco.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
The holier-than-thou attitude should be parked. Every large fanbase has morons and imbeciles. The larger the fanbase, the more 'incidents'. Repeatedly attacking our own fanbase by dredging up past incidents does nothing to solve it.
Correct, just so happens we're part of that...nothing wrong with calling it out, hopefully it encourages us to be better as a fanbase.

The same thing that makes us the NHL's best fanbase, our passion, also makes us the worst.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Correct, just so happens we're part of that...nothing wrong with calling it out, hopefully it encourages us to be better as a fanbase.

The same thing that makes us the NHL's best fanbase, our passion, also makes us the worst.
Im not part of THAT. Which is why I refuse to be lumped in. Other fanbases arent made to take ownership of their blowhards and bozos, I refuse to accept that we have to constantly self-flagellate because of ours.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016

The torts effect. They know torts wants his players to play sound all around hockey. Michkov just isn't that. So instead of taking advantage of his gifts, he'll make him play the right way. Wouldn't be surprised to see him scratched at least once this year. Habs fans during the MB era were just as pessimistic when their coaches were all blowhards and the GM pissed away the prime of the Habs most talented goalie ever

Reactions: SannywithoutCompy

Leto

The Conciliator
Feb 16, 2023
South Shore

Given the ownership's refusal for a true rebuild and the fallout with Gauthier, I can understand the doom and gloom. It takes more than just one star to build a true contender (assuming Michkov is the real deal). The prospect of the mushy middle is not enticing. We went through something similar with the Price era.​

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Im not part of THAT. Which is why I refuse to be lumped in. Other fanbases arent made to take ownership of their blowhards and bozos, I refuse to accept that we have to constantly self-flagellate because of ours.
Yeah I don’t think it should have to be your specific duty but I don’t think there’s anything wrong if some fans take it upon themselves.

With social media and everyone turning into pseudo-scouts, someone gotta keep us in line lol

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Given the ownership's refusal for a true rebuild and the fallout with Gauthier, I can understand the doom and gloom. It takes more than just one star to build a true contender (assuming Michkov is the real deal). The prospect of the mushy middle is not enticing. We went through something similar with the Price era.​
And they had the foundations of a great rebuild . . . Michkov, Gauthier, and possibly Buium . . . but Briere seems to be in way over his head here. Too bad.

Reactions: Leto

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
And they had the foundations of a great rebuild . . . Michkov, Gauthier, and possibly Buium . . . but Briere seems to be in way over his head here. Too bad.
I am still amazed that Cutter Gauthier wanted nothing to do with a franchise that appears a very popular destination for good players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad