Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Those chicken legs are not ready for the NHL. He needs to add more squats of any type to his routine.
1721948032189.png

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Interview from an NHL team’s Russian scout in May:

What do you know about him off the ice and his work ethic?

What impresses me about him is his personality. He’s a great guy; everyone loves him. In the locker room, he’s a true leader. He’s a guy who wants to do everything to get success in hockey. His daily routine is like this: He comes to the rink and has a two-hour warmup, practices, then stays on the rink, maybe sleeps a bit, and then an hour in the gym. If they give it to him, he’ll spend additional time on the ice or he will go off ice and go to the shooting room. He’s very dedicated.

How good do you actually think he is?

I’ve watched a lot of Demidov, and I watched the World Juniors to watch Celebrini. And I thought, who’s better, Celebrini or Demidov? I think Demidov is better just in terms of his creativity, in terms of his skating, in terms of how he thinks the game. He’s a great skater. He’ll have one-minute shifts and never stop, always moving. His legs are always moving and he has great separation speed. He’s a team player first of all. His passes are just marvelous. He can give you a saucer between three sticks. His shot needs improvement, but he’s working on it.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
So many areas of his game are extremely developped. Demidov’s shot is very good. But it’s the one area I can say with confidence Celebrini is superior.

We have a shot coach that could have helped him so much in Montreal or Laval. His one timer and coming in off the rush are top notch but he needs to add to his repertoire and vary his release. Can the Habs work with him while in SKA?

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
We (some f***ing how)got the insanely dynamic Russian forward who DOESN’T have the question marks and people are still blathering about the tiny one with plenty of question marks.

We may just have the worst fans in the league lol

Always have.

It took like 2 weeks after drafting Demidov for the Michkovians to come back and say we should have both. People really want to go down the Leafs path.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Always have.

It took like 2 weeks after drafting Demidov for the Michkovians to come back and say we should have both. People really want to go down the Leafs path.
Yeah this bizarre idea that you need your top 6 to be wholly made up of all stars is beyond me.

We have tremendous balance throughout out our pool. Taking out a potential top pairing D man with Reinbacher’s profile out of said pool would hardly make me giddy. Mailloux took serious strides but having the luxury of a Reinbacher ahead of him could give us an absolutely evil blue line

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad