Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Lol gallagher can kick rocks , he epitomizes the 21st century habs , zero skill all heart. Can't move on from him fast enough. Turn the page on a era of awful mediocre hockey
I get that his contract sucks and his production isn't good anymore, I just don't like the optics of speaking like this about a guy who gave his whole everything to our team. People used to do the same thing with Price.

They make a lot of money and we wanna win, yeah. But "kick rocks, GTFO" all that is a bit extreme in cases where guys have literally done nothing but play well and hard for the Habs.

Definitely time to move on from him, but just saying.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Gallagher could embody the Habs since our last Cup. Even became our number one point producer one year. 10+ goals more than number 2.

All heart, no skill. Like the whole team. Trapping. Gnawing. Tons of character. Habs doing their best to squeak by in the playoffs by getting our plugs to play the right way. Rinse and repeat. For decades.

No skill is a harsh assessment but regardless, he has no control over the team build. Pre washed up Gallagher was a good asset, and one that I would like to have on my team anytime.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
And apparently during last years draft I heard Anthony Di Marco say on TSN690 (a day or so before this years draft) that he was told by someone that when the Habs picked Reinbacher @ 5 last year the Coyotes draft table was absolutely livid.

I guess Reinbacher was the guy Armstrong really wanted for the Coyotes @ 6 last year and the Habs grabbed him one spot before them.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
And apparently during last years draft I heard Anthony Di Marco say on TSN690 (a day or so before this years draft) that he was told by someone that when the Habs picked Reinbacher @ 5 last year the Coyotes draft table was absolutely livid.

I guess Reinbacher was the guy Armstrong really wanted for the Coyotes @ 6 last year and the Habs grabbed him one spot before them.

Yes, the Coyotes wanted Reinbacher.. as did Nashville trying to trade up, as did Philly trying to trade up.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Can't wait for boat anchor Gallagher to be gone, one less Bergevin era plug wasting a roster spot on the team. In the meantime, I hope they strip him of his #11 to give it to Demidov so I can watch him sulk and look miserable on the bench.

Last edited:

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Are MHL/KHL games in the morning/day/afternoon or at night over here? Asking for work reasons obviously :sarcasm::naughty:

I'd go ahead and bet the farm that every single one of our young roster players would tell everyone here shitting on Gallagher to kick rocks and GTFO.
haha cute , difference is they weren't forced to watch 10 years of garbage habs hockey like us :laugh: Gallagher is the king of the bergevin era!

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
I don't think many people who would buy a Gallagher jersey would want to rep a Demidov jersey, they'd probably get a Luke Tuch jersey or something.

I proudly wear my Gallagher jersey, and would even more proudly wear a Demidov one. Not sure where this line of thinking comes from.

I love all types of hockey players that are integral to a team, each with their own diverse attributes.

Why would a person who appreciates one not appreciate the other?

Last edited:

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Demidov is a perfectly type of player who will shine when playoffs come.

Demidov isn't just a high offensive talent, he is a intensity and consistent guy aswell, that's why I don't like the comparisons with Kovalev, because Kovy have been a player who played some nights off.

Demidov will be more consistent like Radulov did with Habs, Radu have intensity in his game, played very consistent aswell.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I have little doubt that Demidov could play in the NHL right away but he wouldn't be a difference maker right away.
I think he steps in as the 3rd or 4th best forward and positively impacts the powerplay.

Could see him have the same kind of D+1 season Stutzle had.

Last edited:
Reactions: HabsHammer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad