Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I do know to the best of my ability and it's my opinion. If I see the color of a car before you I'm not gonna say "maybe it's black, maybe it's white" I'll say I think it's red. We have to stop inhibiting argumentation, especially in a message board.

There's no actual reported out of ice issues with Michkov, we need to stop parroting this around. It could happen to Demidov and Reinbacher just as much.

This is just patiently false. Former teammates have come out to persecute his attitude. Here's some links my dude:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
At least I say apparently or probably or sources say. How do you know absolutely that michkov isn't a jerk diva?
Sources also say that theres no climate crisis going on but feel free to believe what ever you want.

Usually when "character issues" are brought up 2-3 months before the draft when theres been absolutely nothing mentionned on that subject for 3+ years, it's most likely not true.

This is just patiently false. Former teammates have come out to persecute his attitude. Here's some links my dude:

Lmao I love how you used Hockeyfeed, dose.ca and danslescoulisses as sources.

I'll just go start a blog about teammates of Michkov being an amazing human being and Mike Matheson kicking puppies, be right back.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Sources also say that theres no climate crisis going on but feel free to believe what ever you want.

Usually when "character issues" are brought up 2-3 months before the draft when theres been absolutely nothing mentionned on that subject for 3+ years, it's most likely not true.

You're so obsessed with michkov, dude could spit on a fan and you'd say he was just trying to cool them down. Also the climate crisis can be observed through empirical evidence. That's one of the worst analogies I've ever seen. One is subjective, one is objective

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Like I said 2014 was definitely the exception and look what happened. They should've made the finals. Besides that, his TDL were absolute garbage. He didn't take advantage of a prime carey price. When we remember Habs history in 30 years, the reason for Carey Price never winning a cup will most fall on MB
I don't disagree with you I'm just saying he had some good moments during those first 3-4 years.

But to your point about surrounding price - I think his biggest missed opportunity was trading the 3rd OA (Kk) for ROR if the rumors were true. A little too late but still. I think we would have made the playoffs the following year had we made that trade, and Price was also on a tear the 2nd half of 2019. So who knows what could have happened had we squeaked in

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You're so obsessed with michkov, dude could spit on a fan and you'd say he was just trying to cool them down. Also the climate crisis can be observed through empirical evidence. That's one of the worst analogies I've ever seen. One is subjective, one is objective
Is there evidence of him spitting on a fan or is it reported by Hockeyinsider69.blogpost.com ?

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016

I'll just go start a blog about teammates of Michkov being an amazing human being and Mike Matheson kicking puppies, be right back.

Let me ask you then, why doesn't SKA like michkov. He's so talented. But the team wants absolutely nothing to do with him. If demidov makes the team this year, you can't use the excuse of the team knew he was leaving and didn't bother with him. All signs point to the kid is probably terrible to be around

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The real mess up is to not have drafted both Michkov and Demidov.
I'm still just happy we have Demidov.

But it would have been pretty cool for a team who hasn't had much star power to have drafted Demidov, Eiserman, and Michkov in the last two drafts. It was definitely an option. But for sure we may be better off long term with Demidov, Hage, and Reinbacher.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021

Top end superstars cost money and squeeze out funds to pay for a solid supportive staff. Leafs are too top heavy with stars and some have questionable characters. If they just had traded one of those stars. They might have gotten a Cup by now.

Reactions: cphabs and BLONG7

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Is there evidence of him spitting on a fan or is it reported by Hockeyinsider69.blogpost.com ?

There were multiple scouts for teams that came out too. I remember a Chicago scout said some pretty damning things about him. You are literally the only person on the internet that thinks the dude is the male version of mother Theresa

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Skating is elite. That is usually the first thing to look at. His skating alone will help him create time/space.

IQ seems high. This part is important because he will face challenges or hurdles. Got to have the mental compacity to comprehend flaws and overcome. Not many have this and is usually the reason why they bust or disappoint.

Shot and Vision/Play Making are very good.

One area we need to see is how he likes playing with physicality from men (not boys or teenagers).
That part is unpredictable but we will get a good sample from the KHL this season. KHL is more physical than MHL.

I for one am very happy he gets to develop in Russia for one more season in the KHL. KHL is a very competitive league
I love how he makes subtle little moves with his skating. It throws guys off balance when they try to chase him. I think that speaks both to his skating and IQ.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Top end superstars cost money and squeeze out funds to pay for a solid supportive staff. Leafs are too top heavy with stars and some have questionable characters. If they just had traded one of those stars. They might have gotten a Cup by now.
Hughes..........being a former player agent, seems to have a real pulse for certain players.
It seems he goes deeper in his evaluations of kids, and takes the Character/Culture type of fit into a serious account.
Guys, who really cares about Michkov? Seriously, it seems where there is smoke?
But who cares other than the Flyers. I can't wait for this kid to show up at camp with Torts as his coach.....

Meanwhile we have Demidov!! Yes, that's right. Seems like a great kid, and wants to be in Montreal..

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
Or, if he can play like Kucherov, his build is less of a factor.

Who is his comparable?
His playstyle is definitely more comparable to Kucherov but having a bulkier build can only be an advantage regardless of the playstyle. Obviously with his playstyle it isn't essentiel he gets that big, it would just be an advantage.

Reactions: 26Mats

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Let me ask you then, why doesn't SKA like michkov. He's so talented. But the team wants absolutely nothing to do with him. If demidov makes the team this year, you can't use the excuse of the team knew he was leaving and didn't bother with him. All signs point to the kid is probably terrible to be around
Why doesn,t SKA like Demidov ? They refused to play him in the KHL even though he was clearly too good for the MHL.

Why doesn't SKA like Khusunutdinov ? They refused to play him on the team even though he was good enough to be a good regular in Sochi and even play in the NHL this year.

The Leafs suck because Matthews isn't nearly as good as he's hyped up to be, because he's soft, because he's a loser and because they have poor leadership and management. It's not a good example.

The Pens, Oilers, Panthers, Capitals, Avs all won with more than one superstar making massive money.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
His playstyle is definitely more comparable to Kucherov but having a bulkier build can only be an advantage regardless of the playstyle. Obviously with his playstyle it isn't essentiel he gets that big, it would just be an advantage.

I see more of a Datsyuk but with better height/size. I think Demidov's skating is much better than Kucherov. Kucherov skating is good for sure but it's not on Demidov's level IMO. Kucherov has 40%+ of his points on the PP and his best value as a star is his one timer. I'm not so sure Demidov will have that style of game as a star.

Reactions: HabzSauce

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
There were multiple scouts for teams that came out too. I remember a Chicago scout said some pretty damning things about him. You are literally the only person on the internet that thinks the dude is the male version of mother Theresa
I don't think anything of Michkovs character, because there's no evidence for or against it. The only issue I remember is Miroschichenko and Michkov getting into a scuffle in 2020 U18 practice and it made some noise. Since then nothing but noise and internet rumour coming from boards that have had an inside interview with a russian scouts during an ongoing national lockdown.

Even if he had character issues or he was a dick or whatever, there's a plethora of evidence to support that doesn't stop you from winning. Kucherov, Ovechkin, Rantanen, Michael Jordan, etc.

• Haha
Reactions: nicehiss

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Hughes..........being a former player agent, seems to have a real pulse for certain players.
It seems he goes deeper in his evaluations of kids, and takes the Character/Culture type of fit into a serious account.
Guys, who really cares about Michkov? Seriously, it seems where there is smoke?
But who cares other than the Flyers. I can't wait for this kid to show up at camp with Torts as his coach.....

Meanwhile we have Demidov!! Yes, that's right. Seems like a great kid, and wants to be in Montreal..
I love the Flyers pick of Michkov. They have nothing in that stratosphere in terms of skills. You can’t No Draft a player of that level.

As for Torts, it will be an explosive mix of mind games with Michkov. Some very public. But Torts in the end is probably a better coach for Michkov than him being in Marty’s Summer Camp Vacation.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Why doesn,t SKA like Demidov ? They refused to play him in the KHL even though he was clearly too good for the MHL.

Why doesn't SKA like Khusunutdinov ? They refused to play him on the team even though he was good enough to be a good regular in Sochi and even play in the NHL this year.

The Leafs suck because Matthews isn't nearly as good as he's hyped up to be, because he's soft, because he's a loser and because they have poor leadership and management. It's not a good example.

The Pens, Oilers, Panthers, Capitals, Avs all won with more than one superstar making massive money.

I'm talking about his D+1 year. They obviously didn't want to deal with a draft eligible player. All the Russian stars went to a similar path before drafted. But michkov played in the KHL. But SKA didn't want him this year. Probably because he's a total bummer to be around

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm talking about his D+1 year. They obviously didn't want to deal with a draft eligible player. All the Russian stars went to a similar path before drafted. But michkov played in the KHL. But SKA didn't want him this year. Probably because he's a total bummer to be around
This is the assumption that is really annoying.

I'll just do the opposite and assume that SKA have some kind of bias against Michkov then.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I don't think anything of Michkovs character, because there's no evidence for or against it. The only issue I remember is Miroschichenko and Michkov getting into a scuffle in 2020 U18 practice and it made some noise. Since then nothing but noise and internet rumour coming from boards that have had an inside interview with a russian scouts during an ongoing national lockdown.

Even if he had character issues or he was a dick or whatever, there's a plethora of evidence to support that doesn't stop you from winning. Kucherov, Ovechkin, Rantanen, Michael Jordan, etc.

Im not gonna include MJ, Rantanen, or Ovechkin in there. One plays a totally different sport. And the other two had 1 good run each but whose teams completely choke year after year of their primes. I would say the difference between Kuch and michkov is apparently nobody around michkov likes him. Kuch is an asshole but his teammates probably love him. I've never heard any damning things said about him by former teammates or coaxhes

I'll just do the opposite and assume that SKA have some kind of bias against Michkov then.

You see how I said probably. I didn't give an absolute. But all first and second hand reports point to the fact that michkov is probably a problem child

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021

Rothenberg is quite a character. Nothing would surprise me. I suspect both’s ego are too large for being in the same dressing room.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
I suspect this also, and I know Rotenberg is a total dickhead, from actual evidence and him being a nepotist oil-induced russian oligarch baby but I disgress.
Whereas Torts wakes up in the morning to crush egos. He’s probably at his cottage right now figuring out ways to mind f*** Michkov.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
None of those are good reasons to pass on Demidov from a fan pov. Why is Chicago, who has good depth on D and very little at forward, passing on the perfect partner for Bedard?

Why is Anaheim reaching for a less good and risker prospect just because he's right handed instead of left handed?

Why is Columbus passing on a potential Kucherov for a player with back problem?

If the habs had passed on Demidov, the narrative would've been that Demidov presented too much risks (re-signing in Russia, having only played against low level competition, not many players had success in the nhl with his skating style, etc.), and there were safer player with good upside available (Iginla, Catton, Dickinson, Buium). You can make up plenty of reasons for passing on a player...
I honestly think the "putin is bad" political narrative that has been beat to death in the US played a major role in him dropping onto out laps.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

Michkov refused to meet with certain teams before the draft and it's a known fact. A player without character problem wouldn't have done that.

Reactions: themilosh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad