Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I think danault exceeded expectations. I remember he started out on the 4th line, but it's not like he was picked up out of the blue. He was a first round pick, and from the beginning of his time in Montreal, you could see that he might turn into something because he had a fantastic motor.
Bergevin knew him better then anyone

He’s the one who drafted him on Chicago

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I love the Flyers pick of Michkov. They have nothing in that stratosphere in terms of skills. You can’t No Draft a player of that level.

As for Torts, it will be an explosive mix of mind games with Michkov. Some very public. But Torts in the end is probably a better coach for Michkov than him being in Marty’s Summer Camp Vacation.m Z
I love the Flyers pick of Michkov. They have nothing in that stratosphere in terms of skills. You can’t No Draft a player of that level.

As for Torts, it will be an explosive mix of mind games with Michkov. Some very public. But Torts in the end is probably a better coach for Michkov than him being in Marty’s Summer Camp Vacation.
Thinking back to lastvyear
Torts lost the team
They seemed to quit on him
Anyhow he and Michkov should be very entertaining

Reactions: themilosh

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
I have a hard time seeing how one could lead to the other.

Do you think NHL general managers somehow believe that hockey players are collectively responsible for the war in Ukraine?
nothing to do with what the GMs think and everything to do with public opinion.. The US teams have a media microscope too.. Here in Canada when "we" think of Russians - we think of Summit Series.. In the US they are the "evil" empire.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
The fun with that selection that's if Dach have don't hurt this season, I don't know if we pick top 5.

Even if we don't pick top 3, we have selected the #2 best ranking player in every rankings all season long.

We were 5 points from 10th. Barring some freak, monky paw inspired injury to another player in lieu of Dach, there's no way we sniff the 5th pick with him healthy, imo.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Sources also say that theres no climate crisis going on but feel free to believe what ever you want.

Usually when "character issues" are brought up 2-3 months before the draft when theres been absolutely nothing mentionned on that subject for 3+ years, it's most likely not true.

Lmao I love how you used Hockeyfeed, dose.ca and danslescoulisses as sources.

I'll just go start a blog about teammates of Michkov being an amazing human being and Mike Matheson kicking puppies, be right back.

Fwiw Mathias Brunet is on record naming Michkov attitude issues and he also named his sources who is a former Q players who played with Michkov in the KHL... valentin Zykov iirc?? But not sure i cant remember the name.

Btw, Brunet pretty much corroborated what his said in these shitty ass articles. Adding things like kicking his teammates when they are on his way instead of asking them de se tassez politely.

Honestly, from Nikolishin, Brunet. One can't ignore Michkov obvious red flag. His disrespect for defensive and hockey basic system is also an extension of what we hear from him. Insane talent but not a likeable personality.

Reactions: themilosh

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
I think if Demidov put 30-40 pts in 45-50 KHL games that would be a very very good season from him.

He can produce really well with his hockey IQ, I'm really confident with his potential production in KHL.

But the truly matters, it's If he put great highlights in KHL, that would be fantastic to see.

He had 9 points in 7 KHL ganes last year in preseason and khl u25 tournaments fwiw

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
We were 5 points from 10th. Barring some freak, monky paw inspired injury to another player in lieu of Dach, there's no way we sniff the 5th pick with him healthy, imo.
True. We come closer to finishing 10th vs 4th in the draft order. At the same time, We also had 16 OT points (the most in the NHL with the NYI). The chance of finish 5th again is very low, But not impossible.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
He had 9 points in 7 KHL ganes last year in preseason and khl u25 tournaments fwiw

Nice stats.

If he produce really well in KHL next season, that will just confirm his unreal potential.

His first 6 KHL games he don't play very much, so I understand why he have 0 point. I really hope that he is going to have top 6 minute next year.

Reactions: Jaynki

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Nice stats.

If he produce really well in KHL next season, that will just confirm his unreal potential.

His first 6 KHL games he don't play very much, so I understand why he have 0 point. I really hope that he is going to have top 6 minute next year.
I have my doubts even though he’s likely much more talented than most of the vets on SKA. Michkov was too and they still loaned him out.

Reactions: KevSkillz4

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I have my doubts even though he’s likely much more talented than most of the vets on SKA. Michkov was too and they still loaned him out.

Yes me too. That would be perfect if he is going to be loaned and play top 6 minute with another team. I just want to see him at the highest level to playing against men.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I want Demidov to have 91. It's a total Russian superstar number.
As far as I know, the high Russian numbers were to commemorate the year they left Russia; Mogilny 89, Bure 96 etc. Caveat; Bure couldn’t because of his coach and high numbers barred :laugh:

So if we go by that… number 25 for Demidov?

I’d say let him go with 96 and do what Bure couldn’t.

Edit Bure came in before so wtf do I know :laugh:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
As far as I know, the high Russian numbers were to commemorate the year they left Russia; Mogilny 89, Bure 96 etc. Caveat; Bure couldn’t because of his coach and high numbers barred :laugh:

So if we go by that… number 25 for Demidov?

I’d say let him go with 96 and do what Bure couldn’t.

Edit Bure came in before so wtf do I know :laugh:
You’re right about Bure. 9th month, 6th day is when he came over.

Reactions: Gustave

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Screenshot_20240706_130459_X.jpg

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Saundies and Deebs

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
Fwiw Mathias Brunet is on record naming Michkov attitude issues and he also named his sources who is a former Q players who played with Michkov in the KHL... valentin Zykov iirc?? But not sure i cant remember the name.

Btw, Brunet pretty much corroborated what his said in these shitty ass articles. Adding things like kicking his teammates when they are on his way instead of asking them de se tassez politely.

Honestly, from Nikolishin, Brunet. One can't ignore Michkov obvious red flag. His disrespect for defensive and hockey basic system is also an extension of what we hear from him. Insane talent but not a likeable personality.
Brunet said « his Russian source » or something of the like. Up to now, that story only has one official source and a bunch of people repeating the « news ».

We also have teammates that spoke highly of Michkov. So unless more real sources come out, I don’t see this as a real red flag but more like bullshit to help him slid down the draft.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Brunet said « his Russian source » or something of the like. Up to now, that story only has one official source and a bunch of people repeating the « news ».

We also have teammates that spoke highly of Michkov. So unless more real sources come out, I don’t see this as a real red flag but more like bullshit to help him slid down the draft.
It’s Brendan Gormley.

Reactions: Jaynki and Leto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad