Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
This has probably already been mentioned, but when Kucherov was drafted in 2011 (in the 2nd round), he played in the MHL and put up 58 pts (27G, 31A) in 41 GP while also putting up 13 pts (5G, 8A) in 10 playoff games. Right now, he is the top scorer of his draft class and in a redraft, he'd go 1st or at least Top-3.

In his draft year, Demidov played in the MHL and put up 60 pts (23G, 37A) in 30 GP while also putting up 28 pts (11G, 17A) in 17 GP.

In his D+1 season, Kucherov split his time between MHL and KHL.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
This has probably already been mentioned, but when Kucherov was drafted in 2011 (in the 2nd round), he played in the MHL and put up 58 pts (27G, 31A) in 41 GP while also putting up 13 pts (5G, 8A) in 10 playoff games. Right now, he is the top scorer of his draft class and in a redraft, he'd go 1st or at least Top-3.

In his draft year, Demidov played in the MHL and put up 60 pts (23G, 37A) in 30 GP while also putting up 28 pts (11G, 17A) in 17 GP.

Imagine the freak out on here when Demidov spends his D+2 in the Q

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
It's tracking to have 3 very good lines. Lots of options to tinker with. We basically got 5 guys that can play center (behind Suzuki/Dach) with Newhook, Beck, Hage, Kapanen, Koivu. A few of them are moving to wing in the bottom 6 but we should have a very good 3rd and 4th line too.

Roy / Suzuki / Demidov
Caufield / Dach / Slaf
Newhook / Beck / Hage
Can't say I disagree with this top 9. Roy is still a bit of a question mark for me, but this would be amazing if he did.

I can't see who out of this we might trade, but I have been thinking lately, how many teams are built solely on players they drafted and/or developed?

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Hell, Flyers is doing blunder after blunder. (apart Michkov)

Imagine getting Buium but finally not selecting him for a f***ing 3rd RD pick in 2025, in the name of having Emil Andrae, Cam York(another blunder you say?) and Jamie Drysdale (another huge blunder).

I mean, Luchanko is good but thats a blunder.

Michael Buffer was awesome tho. In my opinion, he had the best presentation. Celine was 2nd to him.

The next logical things to come from the Philadelphia Flyers is probably ruining their relationship with Michkov because Tortorella and commitment and toughness.
Cam York is actually a very good d-man and Drysdale was the best they could get for a player who was not going to play for them, But yeah, not picking Buium, for Luchanko, is weird.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Can't say I disagree with this top 9. Roy is still a bit of a question mark for me, but this would be amazing if he did.

I can't see who out of this we might trade, but I have been thinking lately, how many teams are built solely on players they drafted and/or developed?

It can be tinkered with and we can probably come up with 3 or 4 different forms of a top 9. But yeah, we can certainly see the potential and our hopes are not like in the past.... in the past, we would have had Mesar in the top 9 as a hopeful.

* I have Roy in that spot because I think his style would fit with Suzuki and Demidov.
* The smaller Caufield with Dach/Slaf who has size is also a strategy.
* Not sure if Hage is a true center or not yet. Appears so but having centers who can play wing is a good advantage. Maybe Hage plays C and Beck RW.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Imagine the freak out on here when Demidov spends his D+2 in the Q

I can see it being a hot topic if that's the case.

Russian and Belariussian players are eligible for the CHL Import Draft this year (taking place in a little over an hour today). Imagine if one team drafts him.

However, we know after his year is done in Russia, he's signing his ELC and coming to Montreal. Kucherov took a longer path because he was indeed a 2nd round pick, so they weren't in a rush to bring him to the NHL either. In fact, his first pro year, he played games in the AHL, as well.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
It can be tinkered with and we can probably come up with 3 or 4 different forms of a top 9. But yeah, we can certainly see the potential and our hopes are not like in the past.... in the past, we would have had Mesar in the top 9 as a hopeful.

* I have Roy in that spot because I think his style would fit with Suzuki and Demidov.
* The smaller Caufield with Dach/Slaf who has size is also a strategy.
* Not sure if Hage is a true center or not yet. Appears so but having centers who can play wing is a good advantage. Maybe Hage plays C and Beck RW.
I love all of it. Makes sense.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013

To the bolded - not only would Kucherov go first in a redraft, but Kucherov would be selected first above any 2 players combined. He is head and shoulders the best player of his draft by far. Just wanted to mention that :)

Thanks for pointing this out about Demidov....super exciting to see. We haven't had an offensive superstar in Montreal for over 30 years at least - I hope he is as good as people are saying.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I can see it being a hot topic if that's the case.

Russian and Belariussian players are eligible for the CHL Import Draft this year (taking place in a little over an hour today). Imagine if one team drafts him.

However, we know after his year is done in Russia, he's signing his ELC and coming to Montreal. Kucherov took a longer path because he was indeed a 2nd round pick, so they weren't in a rush to bring him to the NHL either. In fact, his first pro year, he played games in the AHL, as well.

One team will draft Demidov, they have multiple picks.

The CHL is actually a good path for him.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Whit hughes’s comment in his last presser, i’m pretty confident that if Demidov isn’t making the KHL team, we will work out something to bring him over. I just don’t see a scenario where we let him play MHL again.

Pretty sure it’s KHL or NA this season.
Hope somehow he comes over, won’t be that great to see him playing 6 minutes a game under idiot Rotenburg

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke

I questioned how anyone could take someone ahead of Kucherov in that draft, but Pat Verbeek would probably still take Scheifele and Gaudreau for some dumb reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad