Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023
Slafkovsky Suzuki Demidov
(empty) Dach Caufield
Newhook Hage Roy
(empty) Beck RHP

(empty) Reinbacher
Hutson Guhle
Xhekaj Mailloux

Fowler
Montembeault

the missing keys are :
  • 1D similar to Reinbacher who could log 25 minutes a night,
  • legitimate second-line left winger who could complement Caufield and Dach
  • 4th-line players who can put up around 20 points.

With this squad, you can expect the Habs to win in 10 years around 3+ Stanley cups, multiple conference finals, and have seasons of 60 wins
Martone and Shaefer next draft. You heard it here first

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
There's a group of Habs fans who just can't accept that the Habs didn't take Michkov because they preferred Reinbacher.
This team needs an elite Forward to win a Cup. Suzuki, Caufield and Slaf, as our 1, 2, 3 doesn't cut it in any universe. Our window to get an elite Forward is now... As a trade philosophy, I would never take a D top-Five unless it's a sure-fire Cale Makar. It has nothing to do with Reinbacher, I hate Chicago's Levshunov decision just as much.

So passing on Michkov, you need a plan. Reinbacher with no elite Forward for the next decade gets us no Cup, no matter how good is Reinbacher... No matter what problems I have with Michkov, he's an elite Forward. You need to gamble that despite him being a jerk, he can fill the role you need, just like fellow uber-jerk bad attitude multiple Cup winner Claude Lemieux.

I have no personal attachment to Michkov, in fact I don't find him likeable at all, and I'm OK passing on him if we could get that elite forward otherwise.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
This team needs an elite Forward to win a Cup. Suzuki, Caufield and Slaf, as our 1, 2, 3 doesn't cut it in any universe. Our window to get an elite Forward is now... As a trade philosophy, I would never take a D top-Five unless it's a sure-fire Cale Makar. It has nothing to do with Reinbacher, I hate Chicago's Levshunov decision just as much.
Why? Are they an elite forward from winning the Cup now?
So passing on Michkov, you need a plan. Reinbacher with no elite Forward for the next decade gets us no Cup, no matter how good is Reinbacher... No matter what problems I have with Michkov, he's an elite Forward. You need to gamble that despite him being a jerk, he can fill the role you need, just like fellow uber-jerk bad attitude multiple Cup winner Claude Lemieux.
But if they preferred Reinbacher, that’s what they needed to do.

They just don’t rate Michkov as highly as you do. Whether or not that evaluation was the right one remains to be seen, but it’s just crazy to me how people just refuse to accept it.
I have no personal attachment to Michkov, in fact I don't find him likeable at all, and I'm OK passing on him if we could get that elite forward otherwise.
Fairs.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Why? Are they an elite forward from winning the Cup now?

But if they preferred Reinbacher, that’s what they needed to do.

They just don’t rate Michkov as highly as you do. Whether or not that evaluation was the right one remains to be seen, but it’s just crazy to me how people just refuse to accept it.

Fairs.

1&2- Unless you trip on a horseshoe, the window to get an elite forward is when you suck. With all or Caufield's 30 goals and the fact we have so much offense from our Ds, this team is still 60 to 70 goals away from being a Top-5 offensive team in the NHL. It will take us years to patch up the gap to make a go at the Cup without an elite forward.

3- I probably have exactly the same problems with Michkov that the Habs brass do. But beating out the problems out of Michkov would have been better than doing the Forward patch up work for another couple of decades.

If their plan was they knew they could land Demidov one year later and they had to take the fans' abuse for a year until they get him, then drafting Reinbacher was absolutely the right decision.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
1&2- Unless you trip on a horseshoe, the window to get an elite forward is when you suck. With all or Caufield's 30 goals and the fact we have so much offense from our Ds, this team is still 60 to 70 goals away from being a Top-5 offensive team in the NHL. It will take us years to patch up the gap to make a go at the Cup without an elite forward.
Like say Boston with Pasta? Or Dallas with Robertson? Or Florida with Tkachuk? Or Tampa with Kucherov and Point?

There’s many ways to get what you’re describing, hell that player might already be in the organization.
3- I probably have exactly the same problems with Michkov that the Habs brass do. But beating out the problems out of Michkov would have been better than doing the Forward patch up work for another couple of decades.
So not drafting Michkov means the Habs are doomed to do a forward patch up for a couple of decades?

Man, I personally can’t wait to watch this player, the way Habs fans talk about him, he’s going to be a truly transformative generational player.
If their plan was they knew they could land Demidov one year later and they had to take the fans' abuse for a year until they get him, then drafting Reinbacher was absolutely the right decision.
I don’t think they care about fans backlash and not should they. We’re supposed to be reactionary, they’re supposed to be visionary.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I have no personal attachment to Michkov, in fact I don't find him likeable at all, and I'm OK passing on

The main point anybody can make is Suzuki is 25 this coming season and Demidov is 18. Everyone else in the middle. 7 year spread. None of us know what our future holes are today. All we can do is facilitate development the best we can and test our players in all situations. The core and prospect pool looks so much better now than it did before this draft. We also have very high draft power coming as well.

We have a good idea on how good Suzuki and Caufield are. But we don't with Dach, Slaf, Demidov, Reinbacher, Hutson, Hage, Fowler, Mailloux, etc.

Slaf, Demidov, Dach could be stars or not. Lets not pretend one way or another that we know for sure.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Like say Boston with CT Pasta? Or Dallas with Robertson? Or Florida with Tkachuk? Or Tampa with Kucherov and Point?

There’s many ways to get what you’re describing, hell that player might already be in the organization.

So not drafting Michkov means the Habs are doomed to do a forward patch up for a couple of decades?

Man, I personally can’t wait to watch this player, the way Habs fans talk about him, he’s going to be a truly transformative generational player.

I don’t think they care about fans backlash and not should they. We’re supposed to be reactionary, they’re supposed to be visionary.
Just so I’m clear, I prefer Demidov and Reinbacher to Demidov and Michkov. It’s just that everything would have been smoother if the drafts would have been inverted.

Reactions: ElQuebecois and 417

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Just so I’m clear, I prefer Demidov and Reinbacher to Demidov and Michkov. It’s just that everything would have been smoother if the drafts would have been inverted.
But how do you know this when none of the players have really done anything?

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Frustrated fans in 2023 : We have passed on Michkov for a defenseman and next year is full of good defenseman.

Same frustrated fans in 2024 : Hugo are just lucky they got Demidov. Like they could have predicted having him a year before.

Surprise, surprise

Reactions: SlafySZN

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto

People can have preferences all they want based on what players have done so far, no one has guaranteed that this option will be better they just have a feeling that it might be. Sounds like you feel otherwise which is entirely your right, we just have to hope you’re wrong lol

Reactions: themilosh

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
We live in a cap world. Sometimes too many stars can be a problem. With Demidov, Michkov becomes superfluous for me. This team has a good chemistry, trying to integrate and exploit a bad apple when you don’t need to is pointless. It still makes sense for the Flyers.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Frustrated fans in 2023 : We have passed on Michkov for a defenseman and next year is full of good defenseman.

Same frustrated fans in 2024 : Hugo are just lucky they got Demidov. Like they could have predicted having him a year before.

Surprise, surprise
Turns out the "year full of good defensemen" had a single D taken in the top 6 and Michkov think the Flyers are actually the Flayers...

;)

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
People can have preferences all they want based on what players have done so far, no one has guaranteed that this option will be better they just have a feeling that it might be. Sounds like you feel otherwise which is entirely your right, we just have to hope you’re wrong lol
I have no clue to be honest. I just don’t get the constant twerking for Michkov.

It’s obsessive at this point.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Most underlooked thing about Demidov is that he seems like he's captain material. From the way he plays the game, and how impressive he was in interviews, doing it all in english without translator.

Just another stand up kid added to the locker room. Feel like we will have the tightest group in the entire league.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
We live in a cap world. Sometimes too many stars can be a problem. With Demidov, Michkov becomes superfluous for me. This team has a good chemistry, trying to integrate and exploit a bad apple when you don’t need to is pointless. It still makes sense for the Flyers.
There exists a world where the Montreal Canadiens and Philadelphian Flyers, are both happy with what they’ve done.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
There exists a world where the Montreal Canadiens and Philadelphian Flyers, are both happy with what they’ve done.
Hell, Flyers is doing blunder after blunder. (apart Michkov)

Imagine getting Buium but finally not selecting him for a f***ing 3rd RD pick in 2025, in the name of having Emil Andrae, Cam York(another blunder you say?) and Jamie Drysdale (another huge blunder).

I mean, Luchanko is good but thats a blunder.

Michael Buffer was awesome tho. In my opinion, he had the best presentation. Celine was 2nd to him.

The next logical things to come from the Philadelphia Flyers is probably ruining their relationship with Michkov because Tortorella and commitment and toughness.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I much prefer Demidov. He’s a much more complete player. He’s a hard worker and a team guy. If, Michkov gets 5 to 10 points more, you still go Demidov. The goal is to win the Cup, not get more points.
I really don’t know enough about either player to say otherwise.

Time will tell I suppose.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad