Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
8vh98d.jpg

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
It's an expensive 2nd line winger, and Hage is probably 3 years away. Hage hasn't proved anything and lets be honest Dach hasn't yet either except injuries. I think this will be an issue to have that amount of money tied up on the wing and not up the middle for the second line. You don't think so?
Demidov is not suiting up on the Habs first line tomorrow. It may take a couple of years, even three.

Besides, pretty much all contending teams have star players on their second line.

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
I was just thinking about it. If Chicago were so high on Demidov that they offered to trade down to get him...why didnt they just pick him at #2?
An alternate explanation... They were super high on both Leshunov and Demidov. Going strictly on team need they feel that #1D is more critical. Which is fair looking at their lineup.

Did they have a plan before draft day to get both? The fact they went crazy to get #4 makes me think they hadn't done much ground work beforehand. That they were surprised he was still available @4 and decided to pounce.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I was just thinking about it. If Chicago were so high on Demidov that they offered to trade down to get him...why didnt they just pick him at #2?

They may have been even higher on Levshunov. Also, Top pair RD are insanely tough to find (which is partially why Montreal took Reinbacher instead of Michkov).

Habs

Always cheerful, happy and pleasant.
Feb 28, 2002
You won’t be able to get as good of a 75 + points/40 goals player for less than 7.8m, So no it’s not expensive.

You just brushed off Dach and Hage who are very good and legit options to say we don’t have players up the middle?

Demidov could play center and becoming habs number 1 center for all we know

I'm a 'show me' sort of guy, Dach has a lot to prove, and Hage hasn't done anything yet. I'm still high on Beck tho

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
I know I'm late, but I was camping for the last 3 days, unable to react to anything and with people who don't like hockey. So it needs to come out now.

I'm so f***ING stoke we manage to pick Demidov, holy shit this is awesome. I know there were other options and lot of good players, but Demidov is the guy we needed, everyone one else I would have felt we settle for them. Happy for the kid, happy for management, and happy for the fanbase, it's been a while since we draft a player as electrifying, the Bell Center crowd is going to love him.

On a different topic, crazy how much the LDs dropped compared to the pseudo-consensus established over the year, with the first being Silayev at 10th and with three RD drafted before him. I understood the premium on RD but didn't expect it to be this drastic. Feels the Shark especially were very lucky to get someone like Dickinson at 11th.

Leto

The Conciliator
Feb 16, 2023
Urth
On a different topic, crazy how much the LDs dropped compared to the pseudo-consensus established over the year, with the first being Silayev at 10th and with three RD drafted before him. I understood the premium on RD but didn't expect it to be this drastic. Feels the Shark especially were very lucky to get someone like Dickinson at 11th.

It's funny, we expected a run on the available defensemen. Instead, we got a run on the forwards :snide:.​

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
I'm so f***ING stoke we manage to pick Demidov, holy shit this is awesome. I know there were other options and lot of good players, but Demidov is the guy we needed, everyone one else I would have felt we settle for them. Happy for the kid, happy for management, and happy for the fanbase, it's been a while since we draft a player as electrifying, the Bell Center crowd is going to love him.

It's gonna be crazy!! He's the kind of player we just adore. The love we had for Kovalev (when on) will pale in comparison.

No pressure kid. :sarcasm:

Last edited:
Reactions: Habs10Habs

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Keep it's cool does it look cool to you. This player is nothing like Kovalev who was a magician with the puck and one of the purest talents ever.
Can he dangle sure he can but someone show me footage of him exercising his craft in practice like Kovalev did.
Kovalev was a friggin tank Demidov still has a ton of work to do on his lower body and torso to come close to Kovalev's 224lbs playing weight.
The skills are there but let's not exaggerate them just let the kid grow. Points should be one of the least of our worries.
I'll be more interested in progress reports coming from people who will take the time to watch his every game and who have already identified his weak points. I'll watch some but I don't see myself watching the majority of them. I'm just curious to see if they even keep him up.

Yeah I agree he's not as skilled or strong as Kovalev now, nor are his shots as lethal.

Looks to be a better playmaker already, however, but yeah, lots of work to do.

Reactions: Rapala

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $15,750.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 2