Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
How we liking the Demidov / Reinbacher combo now?? I like it a lot better than michov / Buium (12 OA) … that’s for damn sure!

NGL Hughes looking like a genius now in retrospect, mind you a lot had to fall right for the habs to pull this off, including a season ending injury to Dach, but in the end all that matters is how it all panned out.

HUGO have to be feeling great, not much the naysayers can say now, including me. who preferred Michkov over Reinbacher.

Great day for this organization. I feel like I've fallen into some alternate universe where the habs actually get to have nice things. It's kinda surreal, it's been a long time coming.

Can't wait to see him on our squad, he's going to be so much fun to watch.

Last edited:

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I meant after the Michkov non-selection, not the panic pre-draft. I will take my big fat L for panicking pre-draft with the Buium rumors.
Ah I panicked too. I didn’t say anything though lol.

When Celine started drawing it out I felt better about it. Hughes is pretty in touch with the fan base. He wouldn’t have brought her out just to pick someone we all didn’t want. Insane showmanship that was

Apr 28, 2010
Ah I panicked too. I didn’t say anything though lol.

When Celine started drawing it out I felt better about it. Hughes is pretty in touch with the fan base. He wouldn’t have brought her out just to pick someone we all didn’t want. Insane showmanship that was
Never thought I'd say this but Celine Dion freaking killed it on that stage. Can't stop watching the way she announced the pick. It was so epic. The exact opposite of last year's draft lol

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
What I said.

But they have to start playing a smarter game from next year, they are getting extremely easy to read with these "ignore those we have interest in" tactic. The whole league knew they wanted Demidov they weren't hiding anything. So that's a big F for Hughes right there. This time it's without consequences, all the teams ahead got who they wanted, but it's not going to be like that every single year. We need better smokescreens.

The other teams are too busy with their own smokescreen to figure out what the Habs' smokescreen is.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Congratulations everyone, we got our future star. I love skilled Russian players and always have, he should fit in nicely with our group. Celine Dion gave you all stiff member syndrome when she announced the pick lol.
Demidov stickhandling seems to be elite. Shifty with the puck. Dman don’t know what he is going to do. I think he can be our next 90-100 pts winger

Demidov / Suzuki / Slaf. This is a real first line
And you have
Caufield / Dach

This is awesome

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Did any of you find it odd nobody said congrats to the Panthers for winning the cup? Usually a few teams do, not one this year. Is it that big of a douchebag franchise?

Also after 20 years should I go Demidov in my avatar?
I wonder if there was a notice that went out to teams not to congratulate the Panthers, thank the host city and bring every man, child and dog on stage so the draft won't go overtime.

You wil always be Patrick Traverse on the park bench even if you do change your avatar.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
NGL Hughes looking like a genius now in retrospect, mind you a lot had to fall right for the habs to pull this off, including a season ending injury to Dach, but in the end all that matters is how it all panned out.

HUGO have to be feeling great, not much the naysayers can say now, including me. who preferred Michkov over Reinbacher.

Great day for this organization. I feel like I've fallen into some alternate universe where the habs actually get to have nice things. It's kinda surreal, it's been a long time coming.

Can't wait to see him on our squad, he's going to be so much fun to watch.

Love Kenny!

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
1719709363025.png

Official Demidov's Draft pic! Just came out! What a beauty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad