Prospect Info: 2024 2nd Overall - Artyom Levshunov

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
What’s a defensemen doing deep in the corner. Thats not how the games supposed to be played!
You joke, but there was almost an entire shift he spent in the offensive zone's left circle. It was one of the first shifts I saw of his, so I was a little concerned seeing that, but he's been a lot better about getting back since then.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
1729977853212.gif

Nazar Bedard Levshunov. Wild card b^*#{\
You joke, but there was almost an entire shift he spent in the offensive zone's left circle. It was one of the first shifts I saw of his, so I was a little concerned seeing that, but he's been a lot better about getting back since then.

TheDoorDoctor

Mar 6, 2013
ONT
Not sure how much you know about Lev (i haven’t watched a ton of him either but read a bunch on him) but this is his style. A bit of a rover type player. Thats why he got so many point in ncaa

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
To be fair to management, they weren't the only team that passed on him.

I'd rather we went with him than Lev, but Lev was still 3rd on my list. Columbus picked a guy with a broken back instead of Demidov, and Anaheim picked a kid nobody (rightfully) expected at 3rd.

Ya all this doesn’t matter, just because some bum is poor I don’t have to compare myself to him.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Not sure how much you know about Lev (i haven’t watched a ton of him either but read a bunch on him) but this is his style. A bit of a rover type player. Thats why he got so many point in ncaa
I knew that, but it was a little too much on that shift imo.

Didn't mind the rest of his performance in that regard. The play he assisted on is a good example of him jumping in and creating an opportunity. Had a few others that just didn't go in.

Reactions: TheDoorDoctor

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I knew that, but it was a little too much on that shift imo.

Didn't mind the rest of his performance in that regard. The play he assisted on is a good example of him jumping in and creating an opportunity. Had a few others that just didn't go in.
I think a rover type like Lev can work really well in today’s NHL. A bunch of teams will have a hard time covering that off.

What you need to make it work however is a solid over defensive system, which the Hawks almost certainly do not have currently.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I think a rover type like Lev can work really well in today’s NHL. A bunch of teams will have a hard time covering that off.

What you need to make it work however is a solid over defensive system, which the Hawks almost certainly do not have currently.
If only we had a rock solid top 5 Defensive LHD who is young and covers like 2/3 of the rink with 6'6 frame and plus skating.

Man what a perfect player to play with a wild card like Levshunov. Well, maybe someday we'll find that guy.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
If only we had a rock solid top 5 Defensive LHD who is young and covers like 2/3 of the rink with 6'6 frame and plus skating.

Man what a perfect player to play with a wild card like Levshunov. Well, maybe someday we'll find that guy.
It was aimed more at the forwards and general system a certain coaches uses.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Who said you had to? Although it might be fitting at this point if you did have that comparison. I didn't like like the pick either but will accept it because there's lots of potential still there, even more left in the table with demidov.
You can accept it all you want, just like the plethora of the geniuses in here loved the Panarin trade too, I was the only one on here against that trade… Accept it all you and buddy but it’s the wrong move and it will hurt the team for a long time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad