Prospect Info: 2024 2nd Overall - Artyom Levshunov

Sacha BOXviert

GoHawks
Jul 20, 2022
Rare for sure.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of another prospect that had a continual year to year progression of jumping to superior leagues like that.

If anyone can think of any, it'd be fun to compare and see how they panned out.
Dominik Badinka RD

2021-22 (16years): Czechia 🇨🇿 U17+Czechia U20+Czechia IV (40 total games)
2022-23 (17years): Finland 🇫🇮 Jokerit U20 (43 games)
2023-24(18years): Sweden 🇸🇪 (u20 Nationell 17 games)+(Sweden (33 SHL games). Promotion in-season. Prominent role in professional league. 6 different leagues 3 YEARS

All this + the international games in the last 3 years.
Levshunov 7
Badinka 36

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Dominik Badinka RD

2021-22 (16years): Czechia 🇨🇿 U17+Czechia U20+Czechia IV (40 total games)
2022-23 (17years): Finland 🇫🇮 Jokerit U20 (43 games)
2023-24(18years): Sweden 🇸🇪 (u20 Nationell 17 games)+(Sweden (33 SHL games). Promotion in-season. Prominent role in professional league. 6 different leagues 3 YEARS

All this + the international games in the last 3 years.
Levshunov 7
Badinka 36

You comparing Badinka who has played professionally for years to Levshunov who played for freakin Belarus Vyss to USHL to College is... certainly a choice.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Why is Levshunov especial?
Highest drafted player from Belarus ever. It's a pretty big accomplishment, and it's not like he went to Russia/Sweden or something when he was 13. He was playing properly in Belarus up until two years before being selected 2nd overall. It's not a guarantee of anything of course, but any time a player comes from a "system" (for lack of a better word) that isn't consistently churning out high-end players, it does raise some attention to the player.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Lev is a work in progress, clearly the hawks think his trajectory is gong to continue. He is a guy that has a lot of fire, he needs to be seasoned and he needs to mature. Needs to learn to be a pro, needs to improve his english skills.

Last edited:

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

benpopecst

Nov 27, 2023

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Don't love it for Lev.

Considering there was people here who said Levshunov plays soft for his size (far from it, especially if anyone has actually watched the kid play) I love seeing that out of him.

He's going to get tested just like that in the AHL with alot of veterans. I would not be surprised if he gets to the NHL playing even more physical than he already does.

Reactions: HawksDub89

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I liked that from him. He didn’t back down, it was a nothing burger play and he was not going to fight him over it. He is going to experience this a lot and will learn to navigate the douchers and tools as he plays in the AHL/NHL.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
good on lev, nice to see

as others have said, he is going to learn a few lessons on his way and IMO he is going to need them...

one of the things that could derail Lev. is what seems to be a hint of almost too much confidence, bordering on arrogance... lets hope that does not become a problem...

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
good on lev, nice to see

as others have said, he is going to learn a few lessons on his way and IMO he is going to need them...

one of the things that could derail Lev. is what seems to be a hint of almost too much confidence, bordering on arrogance... lets hope that does not become a problem...
What I get from him is that he's confident .. quite confident ( as he should be ) but not too confident as in arrogance. Just the perfect amount!

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
What I get from him is that he's confident .. quite confident ( as he should be ) but not too confident as in arrogance. Just the perfect amount!
At this point, I agree with the perfect amount...that said, young folk can let that get to their heads. Not saying he will however I have seen hints that the too much confidence/arrogance is going to be a threshold that will challenge him. How he handles depends on how he continues to grow.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
At this point, I agree with the perfect amount...that said, young folk can let that get to their heads. Not saying he will however I have seen hints that the too much confidence/arrogance is going to be a threshold that will challenge him. How he handles depends on how he continues to grow.
Could be but it's his demeanour that has me not so worried about him. Granted it's only the interview segments I'm going on but still he seems pretty light hearted which is a good thing.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad