Prospect Info: 2024 2nd Overall - Artyom Levshunov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Could be but it's his demeanour that has me not so worried about him. Granted it's only the interview segments I'm going on but still he seems pretty light hearted which is a good thing.
oh ya I agree, not worried just yet and for the most part I like his jovial nature and it is not an issue at this time... That said to one of the interviews after the draft he was kinda snappy at a reporter when they asked if he felt the AHL or NCAA was a better route for him to play in next season. At that point Lev stood up and fairly quickly Lev stated well how bout the NHL (meaning he believes he has a shot to play with the hawks this year)... Another time I saw him be curt with a reporter or two. Nothing earth shattering to worry about, I do believe he has a short fuse at this point in time to some degree. Just tidbits I have picked up. My hope is that Brian Campbell is working with Lev a great deal in some way shape or form all along Lev's journey.

Reactions: crazyhawk

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
oh ya I agree, not worried just yet and for the most part I like his jovial nature and it is not an issue at this time... That said to one of the interviews after the draft he was kinda snappy at a reporter when they asked if he felt the AHL or NCAA was a better route for him to play in next season. At that point Lev stood up and fairly quickly Lev stated well how bout the NHL (meaning he believes he has a shot to play with the hawks this year)... Another time I saw him be curt with a reporter or two. Nothing earth shattering to worry about, I do believe he has a short fuse at this point in time to some degree. Just tidbits I have picked up. My hope is that Brian Campbell is working with Lev a great deal in some way shape or form all along Lev's journey.
Do you have links for this? All I have seen is reporters rave about what a great personality he has. This is the first I am hearing of this.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Will he be up right away/have a chance to be like Korch last year?

He better not be.

Outside of 2-3 games at the end of the year I want Lev in Rockford.

They have to be extremely patient with him. They can’t screw his development up.

Reactions: bwana63

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
He better not be.

Outside of 2-3 games at the end of the year I want Lev in Rockford.

They have to be extremely patient with him. They can’t screw his development up.

right. zero reason to rush.

only reason Korchinski was with the Hawks last season was because they couldn't put him in the A

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
agree with others. I think Lev should get a cup of coffee this year with a few games to give him the taste....he needs to be in rockford this year and will see what happens the following year. my guess is that Lev is going to push hard to prove he can make the hawks club the following season...depends on how his growth continues...

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Is it better for him to get a taste of the league so he can have an idea of where he needs to be and then hone those skills in the AHL? Or does that run the risk of him bombing, looking way out of place, and distorting his potential to himself and to the coaches?

ello

Jun 12, 2018
the last NORRIS TROPHY winner, like the best dman in the entire league, to have played any NHL games in his D+1 was 6 years ago (Hedman)

This guy is a kid who’s played a grand total of 1 NCAA season and had a lot to learn on the defensive side of the puck even at that level. If he gets more than a cup of coffee in the NHL I will lose faith in Davison for good.

The only reason he would get into games is draft pedigree, which usually applies to top 2 picks

Reactions: Larmer83

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
He needs to solely be focused on:
Ascending to be a top pair D in the AHL
Earn a spot on the 1st power play
Earn a spot on a PK unit
Make the AHL playoffs
In that order

Then dominate for half of next year.

Then come up in January 2026 as an all situations contributor ready to play 22 minutes in NHL. That is linear progression. Dev isn’t linear, he’ll probably fail some along that path.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
He needs to solely be focused on:
Ascending to be a top pair D in the AHL
Earn a spot on the 1st power play
Earn a spot on a PK unit
Make the AHL playoffs
In that order

Then dominate for half of next year.

Then come up in January 2026 as an all situations contributor ready to play 22 minutes in NHL. That is linear progression. Dev isn’t linear, he’ll probably fail some along that path.
that seems like a perfect path to be honest, hopefully Soupy has already begun 1-1 tutaledge with Lev and continues doing so all the way along

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Not following any beat reporters, can anyone post the time of the first game exhibition/prospect game we'll get to watch him play in?

Dead Meat

Apr 27, 2004
Well....on my way to the rink and I see this:

IMG_0458.jpeg

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I dont see issue giving Lev a few games at some point in year

Hawks aren't going to be playoff team so at some point all our kids in Rock should get a few games in

Allan, Dach, etc

I believe it's good for development and its never bad thing to give kid a taste of NHL

Now if Lev or Allan or any other kids down in Rock thrive you also reward them for it with longer looks at NHL level that may see them stick

I dont like the up and down, up and down, etc we have seen with kids like Phillips, Kaiser, etc. I think that can hurt them confidence wise and also can hurt their development having to go from one place to another reaffiliating themselves with different set of teammates/coaches

And if a kid just dominates in camp/preseason and earns his spot on team you give him look/start of year. You dont send him down because you have some crappy vet on roster that you would rather coddle, etc. It does team and prospect no good to have situation in which you punish a kid for no good reason and reward a worthless vet

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad