Prospect Info: 2024 2nd Overall - Artyom Levshunov

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Really hope Lev hits. Doesn't need to be a legit #1, I'd settle for a good top pairing, minutes munching dman. and that his floor is good middle pairing. not thrilled about this pick, but I'll be ecstatic to be wrong.

one thing's for sure: don't rush him

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I hope they leave him at Michigan State for one more season. Sign him when their season ends and give him the last few games of the year.
He can play in the AHL. Don't see any reason why you don't have him in Rockford over college, personally. It wouldn't bother me in any way if he goes back to college. I just don't see a need for him to.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
I'd prefer him back at Michigan State and have them focus on his assertiveness in making the best decisions with the puck, reading the play before it happens, etc.

In the games I watched he was involved in some error prone breakdowns that didn't hurt his team. At the next level some of those bad decisions just once a game will kill you. NCAA is more forgiving.

Physically, he'd probably be fine in the AHL, but no one questions his build/stride.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014

this is kind of what I saw as well. I was feeling better for a few days but this brought be back to earth

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I say let him make choice

Don't put pressure on kid and let him do what he feels comfortable with

Not like the program is set to fall off cliff that he is returning to or that there is anything being done by coaching that would concern Hawks unlike other programs in state

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
What a stupid video that is. Like he is not going to develop anymore? He will be coached and he will develop. We will see how he fits in few years.

Well if scouting mastermind Michael Farkas (375 subscribers) says it's true...

You should critique the points, not the person and/or how many followers they have.

While I don't agree with everything this guy says, he makes a lot of reasonable statements. I really like how he pointed out failing to spread responsibilities on the ice, like Bedard being used as an exit, a neutral zone solution and then the offensive solution many times in one shift is just too much to ask. And, his point of Lev's lowlights vis a vis coaching "as if coaches at every level haven't already tried to address x, y, z" is spot on. Those are things that will have to be addressed to succeed in the NHL.

"Moving problems down the line," that was great, discussing how the better/best players clean up a mess rather than pass the grenade to the next guy.

Plus, he talks about a thing of ultimate importance...having a structure & teammates to make a particular style work for a player, instead of just the usual one-dimensional videos that are like "oh look at what this guy CAN do, woahhhh!"

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
You should critique the points, not the person and/or how many followers they have.

While I don't agree with everything this guy says, he makes a lot of reasonable statements. I really like how he pointed out failing to spread responsibilities on the ice, like Bedard being used as an exit, a neutral zone solution and then the offensive solution many times in one shift is just too much to ask. And, his point of Lev's lowlights vis a vis coaching "as if coaches at every level haven't already tried to address x, y, z" is spot on. Those are things that will have to be addressed to succeed in the NHL.

"Moving problems down the line," that was great, discussing how the better/best players clean up a mess rather than pass the grenade to the next guy.

Plus, he talks about a thing of ultimate importance...having a structure & teammates to make a particular style work for a player, instead of just the usual one-dimensional videos that are like "oh look at what this guy CAN do, woahhhh!"
I watched 2 minutes but the style was not my tea, it's not about negative, but it's clearly flawed analyzing focus. It's weird things like oh he's not involved in plays he is though?

But the coaching element is the key because people who scouted him knowing his development point out some things specifically, yeah he wasn't being coached in Belarus to do. Because they aren't the structured programs. And it's hard to focus on details when making big leaps so suddenly. Why I think he should state at MSt.

Lev seems like he would fit with stretch passes here. The ocused on Bedard's lack of burner qualiry... everyone else we sign or draft 9/10 them are speeders. Seems like that would fit perfectly.

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Why delay his AHL time if that's where he'd be in the 25/26 season? Rather get him over here now working with our guys and getting acclimated to the size and speed of the AHL game.

One of his major assets was jumping up a league 3 years in a row so I don't see why that should be stopped. I'll be fine with either decision however.

Reactions: belfour30

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2