Prospect Info: 2024 2nd Overall - Artyom Levshunov

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Really hope Lev hits. Doesn't need to be a legit #1, I'd settle for a good top pairing, minutes munching dman. and that his floor is good middle pairing. not thrilled about this pick, but I'll be ecstatic to be wrong.

one thing's for sure: don't rush him

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I hope they leave him at Michigan State for one more season. Sign him when their season ends and give him the last few games of the year.
He can play in the AHL. Don't see any reason why you don't have him in Rockford over college, personally. It wouldn't bother me in any way if he goes back to college. I just don't see a need for him to.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
I'd prefer him back at Michigan State and have them focus on his assertiveness in making the best decisions with the puck, reading the play before it happens, etc.

In the games I watched he was involved in some error prone breakdowns that didn't hurt his team. At the next level some of those bad decisions just once a game will kill you. NCAA is more forgiving.

Physically, he'd probably be fine in the AHL, but no one questions his build/stride.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad