2024-25 Sharks schedule

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Thanksgiving this year is 11/28. Thornton's retirement is the Saturday BEFORE Thanksgiving, on 11/23. You're good.
What's not good is that they chose to do it for one of the two games I'll be blacked out for, even though the Sabres are like the fifth closest team from where I live (I believe Montreal is even closer geographically). And it's possible the in-laws could already be visiting with it the weekend before Thanksgiving so who knows how available I might be to find alternative options.

Grrr. Now I have to be stressed out about this for the next five months. Why couldn't they have chosen any other game??

Reactions: ChompChomp

anthonyyy

Aug 11, 2011
What's not good is that they chose to do it for one of the two games I'll be blacked out for, even though the Sabres are like the fifth closest team from where I live (I believe Montreal is even closer geographically). And it's possible the in-laws could already be visiting with it the weekend before Thanksgiving so who knows how available I might be to find alternative options.

Grrr. Now I have to be stressed out about this for the next five months. Why couldn't they have chosen any other game??
Don't stress, I can easily get you a link to watch the game.

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010

Sandisfan

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
San Jose
Goddammit, ESPN+ took the Celebrini/Smith opener.

I have ESPN+ as an out-of-market fan, of course. I just hate not getting to properly enjoy such a big game since we'll have some goobers on the call instead of Randy and Drew/? and proper pre- and post-game shows.
I already "hate" notESpecialyentertainingandsPortsNitwitwork and this gets me even more P***** off at them!!! :madfire::rant::cry:

Reactions: Star Platinum

Sandisfan

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
San Jose
Great Idea from the NHL have as many games and notable ones not be seen by most of the Viewing local Audience!!!

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
I already "hate" notESpecialyentertainingandsPortsNitwitwork and this gets me even more P***** off at them!!! :madfire::rant::cry:
They definitely know what they're doing with games like this--they know they could probably get thousands of new subscriptions from fans who don't want to miss such a landmark game and don't want to/know how to pirate things.

But the NHL chose to get in bed with these fishy bastards so that's how it's gonna be!

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX

Of course. The Sharks could literally field a lineup of 1st ballot hall of famers and they wouldn't get a prime national game or even remotely sniff Jan 1 Winter Classic, even as the road team.

What's funny is that this somehow still surprises people, like the author of this article. Lol

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad