Cut/Released: Commanders release K Cade York

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Spent years trying to get on NFL field and his debut turned into nightmare as he missed both FG attempts
Needs to play in the UFL.

It's good weather, so coaches are not going to put up with missed kicks early in the season. Lose trust/faith in the K for later in the season. One of the good points about Brady's commentary is that he said coaches want to test the players early in the season to see how much stress they can handle. He liked that McCarthy was giving the Dallas K a 66 yard attempt which he hit, but dallas allowed the clock to run out vs call a TO when they had 2 in their pocket. They play indoors so, want to see what he can do. Outside in Nov. probably not going to try it.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
York is one of those guys with a huge leg who can boom kicks in practice all day. But he just isn't able to do it in NFL games. Maybe he'll figure it out some day.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Just like Aguyao, doesn’t make sense why this guy can’t do it.

To say nothing of having been traded BY a team who cut him out of camp 2 years ago

Babe Ruth

Looks wise.. I'm a solid 8.5
Feb 2, 2016

Spent years trying to get on NFL field and his debut turned into nightmare as he missed both FG attempts
Yeah.. I kinda feel the average fan underestimates the level of solo pressure placekickers experience. They often only have a couple plays a game, to secure their paycheck. And most fans are focused solely on their leg, and not the long snapper, and holder.
I remember back in the 80s/90s it was a big thing to laugh at kickers (Madden was responsible for some of this), and dismiss them as inauthentic football players. But it's a specialized game, and kickers aren't needed to play like linebackers. I feel this is a dumb criticism & just compounds the uniquely psychological pressure of kicking. If your head isn't right as a kicker, you're doomed to fail, and your failures are harder to hide than a missed block or tackle etc. Very few other positions get fired after one bad game.

Babe Ruth

Looks wise.. I'm a solid 8.5
Feb 2, 2016
Guess it was wise, the Commanderskins replaced their kicker. New guy went for 7 for 7, and scored all of Washington's points in the win.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad