Injury Report: 2024-25 Sharks/Barracuda health: Celebrini placed on IR

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
We wanted Gushchin back in the line up and the monkey's paw answered.
Eklund is the last guy in that lineup that I'd want out for Gushchin lol

But Eklund looks like a game-time decision. I'm guessing that it's likely that Eklund plays and Gushchin sits again. I just don't see why Kostin has continued to get opportunities. He has played like crap save for some limited bursts. He maybe puts two shifts together each game where he looks good and then nothing.

Last edited:

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
This is why I was pretty confident Gush was going to get his 30-40 game chance to prove it. Hell, Bords might even get his chance too, once healthy, although who knows how the org sees the overlap between those two.

Reactions: Sandisfan

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
This is why I was pretty confident Gush was going to get his 30-40 game chance to prove it. Hell, Bords might even get his chance too, once healthy, although who knows how the org sees the overlap between those two.
While it's certainly nice to have lots of competent options for the bottom six for the first time in years, there are some developmental challenges that this poses because those are the spots where young guys (who aren't at a certain level of prospect/pedigree, like Celebrini and Smith) are likely to get their chances.

With those spots pretty much spoken for, at least for the time being, I feel like we as fans are going to have to deal with being simultaneously frustrated (because of course we want to see what kids can do because there's at least a chance they're part of a brighter future) and happy (because we like seeing the team compete the way they have so far this season).

Lots of mixed emotions and I can't imagine I'm the only one feeling this way. But of course having Celebrini and Eklund out injured is that last way I'd want to see others get their chances, dammit.

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
I like the Smith and Wennberg switch. Honestly the way Goodrow and Kunin are playing they are far more likely to drive play and create space than Zetterlund and Kostin. Now they might not read Smith’s passes or finish the chances he creates but at least it might allow some possession and Ozone time for Smith.

Reactions: Hodge

Munnyro

Jul 15, 2013
Sacramento, CA
I like the Smith and Wennberg switch. Honestly the way Goodrow and Kunin are playing they are far more likely to drive play and create space than Zetterlund and Kostin. Now they might not read Smith’s passes or finish the chances he creates but at least it might allow some possession and Ozone time for Smith.
As long as Smith gets legitimate ice time and the coach trust him, I'm happy.

Edit, whether he's earned the trust is not my point. There is no point to giving him 10 mins. Send him down or give it a shot.

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
Honestly at this point, I'm almost ready for Smith to get time centering Goodrow and Kunin for about 10 games worth just so we can see how spectacularly bad an idea it is and then people will stop suggesting it as a good idea.

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
Honestly at this point, I'm almost ready for Smith to get time centering Goodrow and Kunin for about 10 games worth just so we can see how spectacularly bad an idea it is and then people will stop suggesting it as a good idea.
I think Smith needs an experienced center playing on his wing to help him with the defensive responsibilities at this point in his career. This is especially true on the road where the other team has last change. I suspect once Celebrini starts playing, Smith will be attached to Granlund again.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I don’t hate the idea. Let him work on his defensive responsibilities so he’s not pushing himself too hard to make offense happen. In the meantime the game will slow down for him with less responsibility. It won’t lead to much by way of scoring but it’ll let the pace slow down enough where he can process things more quickly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad