Injury Report: 2024-25 Sharks/Barracuda health: Celebrini placed on IR

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
We wanted Gushchin back in the line up and the monkey's paw answered.
Eklund is the last guy in that lineup that I'd want out for Gushchin lol

But Eklund looks like a game-time decision. I'm guessing that it's likely that Eklund plays and Gushchin sits again. I just don't see why Kostin has continued to get opportunities. He has played like crap save for some limited bursts. He maybe puts two shifts together each game where he looks good and then nothing.

Last edited:

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
This is why I was pretty confident Gush was going to get his 30-40 game chance to prove it. Hell, Bords might even get his chance too, once healthy, although who knows how the org sees the overlap between those two.

Reactions: Sandisfan

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
This is why I was pretty confident Gush was going to get his 30-40 game chance to prove it. Hell, Bords might even get his chance too, once healthy, although who knows how the org sees the overlap between those two.
While it's certainly nice to have lots of competent options for the bottom six for the first time in years, there are some developmental challenges that this poses because those are the spots where young guys (who aren't at a certain level of prospect/pedigree, like Celebrini and Smith) are likely to get their chances.

With those spots pretty much spoken for, at least for the time being, I feel like we as fans are going to have to deal with being simultaneously frustrated (because of course we want to see what kids can do because there's at least a chance they're part of a brighter future) and happy (because we like seeing the team compete the way they have so far this season).

Lots of mixed emotions and I can't imagine I'm the only one feeling this way. But of course having Celebrini and Eklund out injured is that last way I'd want to see others get their chances, dammit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad