GDT: 2024-25 season game 3 LA Kings vs Ottawa Senators @10:00am (Again) 10/14/24

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Looks like I missed an exceptional defensive game. Brutal. 10 AM who the hell schedules these games.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
f***in taking my lunch, "oh yeah the kings played this morning".. nhl.com 8-7 ottawa.. excuse me?

really not enjoying eating my words about laferriere though, that blueline takeaway and goal was nutty

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
They didn't fly home they've been on the road the entire time.
So LA's first Home game is not until the 24th of October? Another 4 games on the road the Kings will be looking for some Home cooked meals soon,I know I would be!!!

Burroughs is horrible, as a #6D you shouldn't be drawing this much attention this often.
It's crazy that he's considered to be an NHL player
Burroughs isn't that bad and he's tough to boot and RD-man also which can't be that bad

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Just saw the highlights, and despite how poorly the team D was, Kuemper played awful. He didn't look comfortable at all. The first 2 goals he gave up were perimeter shots he should have stopped(both glove-side, which is Kuemper's weakest part of his game). If he has his glove in better position(which he should have) he stops both shots. I think in these loose type of games, Rittich is the better goalie(he moves quicker than Kuemper). Hiller did not recognize he should have made a goalie change during the game. 2 of the goals bounced off/through him(five-hole OT goal and the other one 7-hole(armpit). Those type of goals indicate his angling was off.

Hiller has the final decision on his lineup. He needs to realize to get both goalies involved early in the season. Despite it being the 3rd game of the season, I don't particularly like blowing 2-0/3-1/4-2/5-4/6-5 leads! It's on Hiller that as the coach he got caught up in a high scoring game, which favors the Sens forward lineup! It's Hiller's coach job to have his team slow the game down a bit, as the Sens are the faster skating team that can quick strike score goals. Despite having all those leads, as coach I would have put in Rittich to change the momentum of the game, and the fact Kuemper was having a bad game.

Last edited:

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
Just saw the highlights, and despite how poorly the team D was, Kuemper played awful. He didn't look comfortable at all. The first 2 goals he gave up were perimeter shots he should have stopped(both glove-side, which is Kuemper's weakest part of his game). If he has his glove in better position(which he should have) he stops both shots. I think in these loose type of games, Rittich is the better goalie(he moves quicker than Kuemper). Hiller did not recognize he should have made a goalie change during the game. 2 of the goals bounced off/through him(five-hole OT goal and the other one 7-hole(armpit). Those type of goals indicate his angling was off.

Hiller has the final decision on his lineup. He needs to realize to get both goalies involved early in the season. Despite it being the 3rd game of the season, I don't particularly like blowing 2-0/3-1/4-2/5-4/6-5 leads! It's on Hiller that as the coach he got caught up in a high scoring game, which favors the Sens forward lineup! It's Hiller's coach job to have his team slow the game down a bit, as the Sens are the faster skating team that can quick strike score goals. Despite having all those leads, as coach I would have put in Rittich to change the momentum of the game, and the fact Kuemper was having a bad game.
I don't understand how an NHL level coach can't read a game like this and decide there needs to be a goalie change. If its f***ing obvious to us it should be to him.

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
I don't understand how an NHL level coach can't read a game like this and decide there needs to be a goalie change. If its f***ing obvious to us it should be to him.
As bad as it was the Kings were lading most of the way. Hard to pull the winning (at the time ) goalie.

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
As bad as it was the Kings were lading most of the way. Hard to pull the winning (at the time ) goalie.
I'm talking more around when it was 7-6 Ottawa, later in the game. Its unheard of to have a goalie in the NHL stay in for all 8 goals.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
If it's a young goalie yes, but Kuemper is a vet. Vet goalies know when their having a bad game. Hiller is the head coach and boss of the players. He should have absolutely made a switch. Kuemper would understand and knows it's a long season. You sit on the bench reflect/look at what you were facing, learn and be better for the next game. A younger goalie because of less experience would take it more personal being pulled while winning.

I'm talking more around when it was 7-6 Ottawa, later in the game. Its unheard of to have a goalie in the NHL stay in for all 8 goals.
Not if you go back to the 70's/80's.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Kuemper can let in 8 goals every game for the rest of the season and I'd still take him over Dubois.

And it was a total team collapse defensively. One of which PLD wouldn't be able to save us from either
Not sure how PLD comes into the picture, as he's gone now and off the salary cap books for the Kings? Uh, no you wouldn't tolerate Kuemper giving up 8 goals a game. You just making silly talk here.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Kuemper can let in 8 goals every game for the rest of the season and I'd still take him over Dubois.

And it was a total team collapse defensively. One of which PLD wouldn't be able to save us from either
The benefit of Kuemper is he doesn't have to play :P The Kings can play Rittich and just carry on being as middling and beleaguered as ever. PLD was a boat anchor you were forced to play guaranteed to weigh down the team for 8 years night in an out. Not to mention, Kuemper is still better...

Reactions: King'sPawn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad