D Radim Mrtka - Třinec, Czechia (Draft 2025)

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I am also a bit skeptical about him going in first round. At the same time he is 17, playing a very hard league, young players make mistakes.

Who on other hand is becoming more and more interesting is Cihar. Settled himself in Vary first line and getting a lot of minutes. Event started to pay back the trust with some points in last games.

Idk could he be a potential 1st round suprise for us for this draft?
Czechs tend to get a riser.. maybe it's him.

I'm fairly confident Mrtka is going round 1... you can't teach height and Right hand side.

Reactions: martygod12

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Czechs tend to get a riser.. maybe it's him.

I'm fairly confident Mrtka is going round 1... you can't teach height and Right hand side.
I really dont know, have seen him in only one game this year in ELH tbh. So I am just basing on what goodman is saying, that he has a lot of reserves in his play. But as I said, young players, especially Ds makes a lot of mistakes. And as you say he is 100% in the NHL profile what they want right now.

2nd round is probably safe, late 1st idk, maybe, but it will be hard. It will also depend a lot if he mamanges to get into the U20 squad for WJC and how he plays there, and of course how he plays at U18 WCH, which really didnt do much favors to our prospects in terms of late rising in the draft last few years lol.

But I am really starting to get excited about Cihar. He is extremely under the radar, kinda like Kulich was in his draft year. I am not saying he is on Kulich level, but still playing 1st line and 15+ minutes a night in ELH and with Vary which are really decent so far, its really something lol.

If he ends up with some 15points at the end of the season and has a good WCH, I really think late 1st round could be real. But we will see

Last edited:

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I really dont know, have seen him in only one game this year in ELH tbh. So I am just basing on what goodman is saying, that he has a lot of reserves in his play. But as I said, young players, especially Ds makes a lot of mistakes. And as you say he is 100% in the NHL profile what they want right now.

2nd round is probably safe, late 1st idk, maybe, but it will be hard. It will also depend a lot if he mamanges to get into the U20 squad for WJC and how he plays there, and of course how he plays at U18 WCH, which really didnt do much favors to our prospects in terms of late rising in the draft last few years lol.

But I am really starting to get excited about Cihar. He is extremely under the radar, kinda like Kulich was in his draft year. I am not saying he is on Kulich level, but still playing 1st line and 15+ minutes a night in ELH and with Vary which are really decent so far, its really something lol.

If he ends up with some 15points at the end of the season and has a good WCH, I really think late 1st round could be real. But we will see
As a countrrt...badinka went in round one. Big rhd D who got cut from u20 team. And I have no clue what to make of teenagers in Extraliga.lol. It might be the hardest league to made a conclusions.

If galvas can't be drafted then Mrtka is a first rounder lol

Grinner

May 31, 2022
As a countrrt...badinka went in round one. Big rhd D who got cut from u20 team. And I have no clue what to make of teenagers in Extraliga.lol. It might be the hardest league to made a conclusions.

Didn't Badinka go 34th to Carolina

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

Badinka went early in round 2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad