2024-25 San Diego Gulls/Tulsa Oilers

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
At least it might mean that the Gulls finally have potential to be competitive and we have some depth for injuries. Would be nice to have one level of the organization doing well and San Diego should be a top AHL destination.

A lot of our top prospects don't stay too long in the AHL. Zegras played 17 AHL games and Drysdale played 14 AHL games in 2020-21, with Drysdale earning AHL rookie of the month. Outside of a 3-game conditioning stint in the AHL, Mac was never part of the Gulls. Minty and Carlsson bypassed the NHL altogether. Zell got 44 AHL games and was an AHL All-star. Luneau appears to be following Mac's path of playing in the AHL on a conditioning stint and then bypassing the AHL the following season.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Oh man. Pastujov must've had a terrible camp.
This doesn't tell anything about Pasta, but Verhaeghe was a 3rd round pick that played in the OHL and went on to play next 2 seasons partially in the ECHL. He's now a 2 time Stanley Cup champion, Panthers all time playoff goal scorer, and just signeda 56M contract. Just found it interesting – hopefully Pasta gets it together. He played increasingly on the PK, had a decent stretch to end last season and I think added a lot of mass during the summer. Gotta hope it's just an adjustment time for him

Reactions: lwvs84

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
This doesn't tell anything about Pasta, but Verhaeghe was a 3rd round pick that played in the OHL and went on to play next 2 seasons partially in the ECHL. He's now a 2 time Stanley Cup champion, Panthers all time playoff goal scorer, and just signeda 56M contract. Just found it interesting – hopefully Pasta gets it together. He played increasingly on the PK, had a decent stretch to end last season and I think added a lot of mass during the summer. Gotta hope it's just an adjustment time for him
I'm still hopeful about Pastujov, but just to your last point, I saw somewhere that he came into camp lighter than last year's camp. Combined with the coaching staff sending him down, that's probably not a positive sign.

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I'm still hopeful about Pastujov, but just to your last point, I saw somewhere that he came into camp lighter than last year's camp. Combined with the coaching staff sending him down, that's probably not a positive sign.
That's interesting then. I saw him reported as 190 which I was sure was more than last year, but Idk 100%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad