2024-25 San Diego Gulls/Tulsa Oilers

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Can’t blame him. Better pay over there for a player like him

Yeah even for a guy who was on a fairly heavy AHL salary the last couple years (350k/400k), there's more money to be made overseas. In Switzerland probably 450-600k tax free with very little travel in season. For the KHL, there are comparable talents to De Leo who make well north of 1M USD, but even the average salary is 450k.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
how many contracts are we at now? It seems like we have a ton of young players who are in the AHL due to having so many picks in the rebuild. I wonder if that's hurting us in signing those fringe NHL players, who end up getting waived and helping the AHL team.

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
how many contracts are we at now? It seems like we have a ton of young players who are in the AHL due to having so many picks in the rebuild. I wonder if that's hurting us in signing those fringe NHL players, who end up getting waived and helping the AHL team.
45 (assuming Sennecke and Solberg play fewer than 10 NHL games this season).

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Welcome. Another guy from Austria, I guess he has some previous connection to McIlvane?
Anybody knows what will be his responsibility with the Gulls?

PS
He can play Scott Niedermayer if we shoot a Netflix series about his final seasons :sarcasm:

The article cited that Barr was the head coach for team Canada U18 in 2021. Besides the connection to players McTavish and Zellweger, there is the connection to former asst coach Stothers, who is part of the San Diego front office/coaching group now.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Welcome. Another guy from Austria, I guess he has some previous connection to McIlvane?
Anybody knows what will be his responsibility with the Gulls?

PS
He can play Scott Niedermayer if we shoot a Netflix series about his final seasons :sarcasm:
Barr was coach of the Vienna Capitals, so pretty sure there were no connections. What he did was developing local young players into regulars. Something the Austrian league lacks a lot. Too much players from other countries are hired usually instead of learning their own talent to the league. In Vienna he was asked to do so and did well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad