Speculation: 2024-25 Roster thread

JonathnTaylorTavares

Feb 4, 2019
If they aren’t going to send Cutter down, at least switch him with Vatrano. Maybe a little easier matchup will help him. I still think he should go down to SD though.

Vat-Leo-Killorn
Fabbri-Mac-Z
Cutter-Strome-Terry
McGinn-Lundy-Leason
Load up the second line so Terry can have his own line

Vatrano-Leo-Killorn
Fabbri-Mac-Zegras-Cutter-Strome
-Terry-
McGinn-Lundy-Leason

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Cutter should not be sent down but he should not be on the top line or even Top 6 right now. Let the kid face the lesser competition and give him PP time.

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
It was right in the middle of his "punishment" but not throwing Cutter out on the 5-on-3 seems like a mistake.

The only two guys out there who could hit a one-timer were Frank and McTavish, and McTavish was screening the goalie.

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
It was right in the middle of his "punishment" but not throwing Cutter out on the 5-on-3 seems like a mistake.

The only two guys out there who could hit a one-timer were Frank and McTavish, and McTavish was screening the goalie.
To maximize the one timer potential you need a righty out there who can hammer it. Terry is unfortunately not that guy. Having both Vatrano and Gauthier out there doesn’t help much. I guess one of them could maybe play the point, but that would probably be awkward for them.

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
To maximize the one timer potential you need a righty out there who can hammer it. Terry is unfortunately not that guy. Having both Vatrano and Gauthier out there doesn’t help much. I guess one of them could maybe play the point, but that would probably be awkward for them.
Yeah I forgot Cutter is a LH shot. Still I think I would have preferred him out there over Vatrano, could have been a good learning experience for him.

Oh well, we won so not a big deal I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad