Speculation: 2024-25 Roster thread

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
This is the terrifying truth. Through our absolute shit years we weren't able to draft 1st and get that bonafide superstar to build around so it's a lot of hope and prayers.

I have no doubt that between all the young guys in our roster we have a few superstardom seasons in waiting - the problem is that we’ll likely have to wait until our guys are in or nearing their prime to start cashing in on those great seasons. Keller for the HC didn’t hit ppg until his D+7 and now he’s like their franchise icon so there’s still tonnes to be hopeful for

Reactions: ohcomeonref

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
I dont mind the Gibson trade .... Colton would be a great add, but id also prefer to chase Bennet in the off season.
-Gibson for Georgiev + 26 1st (or 25+26 2nds)

Fowler trade seems pretty meh, id hope wed be able to figure out something better in a fowler trade.

The last trade is just confusing across the board... liljegren just doesnt make a ton of sense in terms of fit.... myers makes little to no sense... and Reimer is just waiver fodder.... and vaaks is a solid 7 for us.
You’re dreaming if you think Bennett hits the market as a UFA, and on drugs if you think he would select Anaheim as his destination. Why would he want to pay more taxes and play in the gutter?

We aren’t going to get a young ready to play player for Fowler because that team would be a playoff team, just like when the Oilers didn’t trade Brogberg or Holloway last year. Only picks or prospects are coming back and it’s not going to be very good. Nashville might be one of the few teams with the picks and prospects to slightly overpay. I’d prefer L’Heureux but they probably want him as that depth call up right now. Surin is at least a year older than who we would select in 2025, and we haven’t been picking well in the late 1st or early 2nd.

Vaak is ok, but he’s 5th on the left side. If Dumoulin plays decently I wouldn’t be surprised if Verbeek extended him. What decent RHD is available or on the trade block Liljegren might be the only one that is ready to log big minutes and would cost very little. If he busts, we have plenty of money to target Ekblad or Andersson in the offseason, although I highly doubt they make it to UFA or want to join the ducks.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
I have no doubt that between all the young guys in our roster we have a few superstardom seasons in waiting - the problem is that we’ll likely have to wait until our guys are in or nearing their prime to start cashing in on those great seasons. Keller for the HC didn’t hit ppg until his D+7 and now he’s like their franchise icon so there’s still tonnes to be hopeful for

Absolutely. Hope isn't lost, there just isn't a sure-thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad