Speculation: 2024-25 Roster thread

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Killorn was a major risky signing since day 1. Looking like a big L for Verbeek there, hope he can rebound a bit.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I think Terry’s line is benefitting to an extent from matchups. If so, the effect should be even more obvious at home.

At this point I have to assume Leo/Cutter/Killorn look amazing in practice because otherwise I’m not sure how they’ve been gifted first line status. That said, it was Mac’s line that had the most ice time by a decent margin last night.

Terry and McGinn had the least ice time and they were arguably our best forwards.

I believe the Mac line had an overinflated TOI due to being stuck on ice for what seemed like two minutes in the 2nd period, iirc. If we look at ES TOI, the fourth line played 4th line minutes, but their overall TOI ballooned due to us killing four penalties. Fabbri had over 3 minutes on the PK to lead the forwards with 18:02 total TOI. Terry actually played with Mac and Z b/c Fabbri was tired out from the PK'ing.

Our top-6, it's disappointing. The top line of Cutter-Leo-Killorn line has been kept together all pre-season and Leo-Killorn have been together last season. Still no chemistry. Fabbri-Mac-Z line was put together for one pre-season game. Z went from C to LW to RW in pre-season. Individually, they are putting in the work and therein lies the problem. They're still not cohesive and may need more games to feel each other out.

I just don't like our offense. During the game, I found myself zoning out again like last season. The only excitement we got from this game are from defensive counters, which also explains how our PK unit was able to notch 12 shorties last season.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Since the GDT thread closed, guess this is the place to share the stat card for the game.

1728928101931.png

The Mac line is yeesh in this metric!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad