Speculation: 2024-25 Roster thread

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
This is the closest thing to a GDT so I'll just say it here: I wish we could have gotten a look at Celebrini in the pre-season. I have this sick feeling he's going to light us up on Saturday and start the doom spiral from the get-go.
I don't share that worry. I think it's a safe bet Celebrini will be a first liner but I don't think it's written in stone that he'll be some 90-100+ point player that will feast on us over the years. And especially this year there's an adjustment period making the jump from the NCAA to the NHL.

And f*** me Saturday cannot come soon enough, Sunday especially since I grabbed lower bowl tickets to the game in Vegas.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don't share that worry. I think it's a safe bet Celebrini will be a first liner but I don't think it's written in stone that he'll be some 90-100+ point player that will feast on us over the years. And especially this year there's an adjustment period making the jump from the NCAA to the NHL.

And f*** me Saturday cannot come soon enough, Sunday especially since I grabbed lower bowl tickets to the game in Vegas.
So lame we have to wait till Saturday to watch.

I see celebrini as same tier as Carlsson…. Sharks prob fear carlsson more than we fear celebrini

Reactions: HanSolo

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
We actually started season well last year and injuries took a big toll. Never recovered from that.
If you read through gdt from last season during the win streaks they were playing a physical hard hitting brand of hockey led by Carrick and Johnston. Johnston will be scratched for trash Mcgin and Carrick is being replaced by soft Lundstrom. As usual for a Verbeek team he finds a way to go into the season with the least physical lineup in the NHL. I doubt this lineup does anything like the start of last seasons

Reactions: robbieboy3686

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
So lame we have to wait till Saturday to watch.

I see celebrini as same tier as Carlsson…. Sharks prob fear carlsson more than we fear celebrini
It's absolutely maddening. And I feel for local Ducks fans cause the first home game isn't till the 16th. Like this time off after preseason is just so excessive.

And I'd agree. I think Bedard and Michkov are in that upper range where it's hard to see them as less than elite (franchise) superstar forwards. I'd hesitate to call either generational at this point. I think Celebrini and Leo are at the upper end of that next tier of guys that can be franchise defining superstars but have more need for adjustment and growth in their game to get there so their floor is an average to above average first liner.

Past them I'd probably have Fantilli, Smith and Demidov in the same general tier but I think there's bigger questions on their likelihood to hit their upside and Fantilli in particular seems a bit more of a north-south player rather than a guy that drives offensive flow compared to the others.

Not sure if I'd slot in Sennecke in that tier at this stage just yet but his single preseason game was very promising that he could be a very good first line winger.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
It's absolutely maddening. And I feel for local Ducks fans cause the first home game isn't till the 16th. Like this time off after preseason is just so excessive.

And I'd agree. I think Bedard and Michkov are in that upper range where it's hard to see them as less than elite (franchise) superstar forwards. I'd hesitate to call either generational at this point. I think Celebrini and Leo are at the upper end of that next tier of guys that can be franchise defining superstars but have more need for adjustment and growth in their game to get there so their floor is an average to above average first liner.

Past them I'd probably have Fantilli, Smith and Demidov in the same general tier but I think there's bigger questions on their likelihood to hit their upside and Fantilli in particular seems a bit more of a north-south player rather than a guy that drives offensive flow compared to the others.

Not sure if I'd slot in Sennecke in that tier at this stage just yet but his single preseason game was very promising that he could be a very good first line winger.

I agree with that ranking

I believe in sennecke, but he’s going to have to do some growing (muscle wise) and showing off (stats) to get put up in that group.
He’s a project, but I feel confident in the pick…. But he won’t get any love for another year or 2.

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016

I don't necessarily think that he'll be a 90-100+ point player or that he'll feast on us over the years, I just have a bad feeling that he will feast on us on Saturday lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad