Speculation: 2024-25 Roster thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
3 second lines and proper line matching from Cronin might be, however.
Come on guys, I know we have been bad, But there’s no scenario where we have “ 3 3rd lines” we have 3 solid 2nd lines. With potential for 2 of the lines to become middle of the pack 1st lines this year.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Come on guys, I know we have been bad, But there’s no scenario where we have “ 3 3rd lines” we have 3 solid 2nd lines. With potential for 2 of the lines to become middle of the pack 1st lines this year.

We swapped out Rico and Silf, both are good defensively, for rookie Cutter and Fabbri. If Zegras is playing wing in the top-6 and if Strome is our 3C, then we do not have 2nd line talent with Strome as our 3C.

And if our offense remains similar to last year with only the Dump & Chase as our go to move, then it doesn't matter what lines we have if we have only one or two individuals built for the Dump & Chase game. The D&C actually tires out our players faster to where they will commit penalties b/c they're too fatigued to skate back to the D-zone.

MCB

Jun 21, 2019
I'm just trying to temper my expectations, I'm hoping for entertaining hockey, I remember the start of the season last year and how much fun it was in person, hadn't had that in some time. I tell myself playoffs are not happening so I'm not disappointed, and if by some miracle it does happen I'll be ecstatic.
Regardless I'll be watching every game (if I can).

Also, I agree with you on the 3 2nd lines, the above was just explaining my reason for the bleak outlook.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
I'm just trying to temper my expectations, I'm hoping for entertaining hockey, I remember the start of the season last year and how much fun it was in person, hadn't had that in some time. I tell myself playoffs are not happening so I'm not disappointed, and if by some miracle it does happen I'll be ecstatic.
Regardless I'll be watching every game (if I can).

Also, I agree with you on the 3 2nd lines, the above was just explaining my reason for the bleak outlook.
Gotcha, it’s been brutal for so long that I definitely understand where you’re coming from. Lgd!

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I don’t consider lines with 2-3 of the players on every line to be sub-20 goals and 40 or fewer points to be “solid” 2nd lines, and that’s what we are entering the year with.

We have to hope for - minimal injuries, and I don’t trust our training staff and Ducks karma until they prove otherwise.
- no sophomore slumps out of LaCombe, Mintyukov, Zellweger, Carlsson
- Vatrano doesn’t come back to being Vatrano
- Strome, not Stroke
- Gauthier has a good year, but that’s typically going to be in that 20/40 zone, not “solid” 2nd line IMO
- even strength and special teams coaching improvements
- Carlsson put on ENOUGH muscle to where he can pull off the moves he tries without getting knocked down/off balance
- Team chemistry
- FatherTime ignores Killorn and Gudas

I’m certainly not saying any or all of that is a guarantee, but none of our lines produced like a playoff caliber 2nd line for more than spurts last year.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’m certainly not saying any or all of that is a guarantee, but none of our lines produced like a playoff caliber 2nd line for more than spurts last year.
In all fairness, they had so many injuries, it was a revolving door for the Top 6, couldn’t get consistent chemistry going. You miss one or two guys for some games , can still manage. They lost like 4 or 5 Top 6 guys and for longer stretches than just a few games.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
In all fairness, they had so many injuries, it was a revolving door for the Top 6, couldn’t get consistent chemistry going. You miss one or two guys for some games , can still manage. They lost like 4 or 5 Top 6 guys and for longer stretches than just a few games.
Yeah, that was the injuries part. It’s not like we have had significant production out of more than 2-3 of any of these players at a time in any of the last 3 years. Getting to 2nd lines requires across the board improvements in health and production.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah, that was the injuries part. It’s not like we have had significant production out of more than 2-3 of any of these players at a time in any of the last 3 years. Getting to 2nd lines requires across the board improvements in health and production.

I don’t even want to predict the team standings but if we can get a single PPG player this year, who hits 80+ points, will call it a lot of progress. But with that need to be healthy and find consistency.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad