Speculation: 2024-25 Roster thread

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Another way to look at it is Rico+Silf for Fabbri and Cutter. Makes it look a bit better. Healthy forwards makes it significantly better.

I'm excited to see Cutter for this coming season! I don't know much about Fabbri except what's shared here that he kinda like Frankie with energy.

Seeing Mac ripped hopefully equates to being able to play most of the season. I did like seeing doing the leap frog reps, which may improve his skating and burst. Z being able to practice with the club for pre-season is going to be huge.

Ooh Ahh, Silf...

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I can see Gaucher getting called up this season
Same, if for no other reason than the team is pretty thin at center after the guys slated to be in the NHL right now (Zegras, McTavish, Carlsson, Strome, and Lundestrom). Beyond them, signed to NHL deals we only have Gaucher, Lopina, and Mysak. Wouldn't shock me if right now Lopina was the next guy up due to experience

Johnnyduck

Aug 24, 2010
Newport Beach
I was thinking about this, and I think there are a few reasons for hope this year.

1. A second year under Cronin's system should be smoother than the first year.
2. Improvement by the kids.
3. Rebound seasons from Terry and Zegras.
4. Cutter Gautier.
5. Full seasons from Zellweger and possibly Luneau.
6. Dostal pushing Gibson for starts. Dostal is putting up better numbers and should start getting more games. Also, the thought of becoming the #2 might light a fire under Gibson's ass.
7. Semi new coaching staff (special teams)

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
We should finish between 5-10th last. Less injuries, kids stepping up and power play improvements will be what drives any rise in the standings

gunnergunther

Jul 3, 2010
Reading a thread in the mains. Some folks think the Ducks will finish dead last? I was looking forward to seeing the Ducks climb out of the bottom and start showing life and being a more competitive team. Playoffs are not even a thought. But F'ng Dead last?

Heck another bottom 5 finish would be a huge disappointment, imo. I cannot even think about another Bottom 5 finish, but dead last???
Offseason is still not over. But who do we jump over from the bottom 5? Chicago on paper is probably better than us now. Maybe Calgary is worse than us now? Columbus was just as injured as us last season.. so it’s not guaranteed we jump them either.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Reading a thread in the mains. Some folks think the Ducks will finish dead last? I was looking forward to seeing the Ducks climb out of the bottom and start showing life and being a more competitive team. Playoffs are not even a thought. But F'ng Dead last?

Heck another bottom 5 finish would be a huge disappointment, imo. I cannot even think about another Bottom 5 finish, but dead last???

Leo, is it that far fetched?

Everyone around us, including our division rivals got better. Even with the bloated contracts aside, we haven’t done anything. San Jose got better, Seattle, Kings made some signings.. meanwhile we have sat idle and continue to do so

Reactions: Dirk316

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

Everyone around us, including our division rivals got better. Even with the bloated contracts aside, we haven’t done anything. San Jose got better, Seattle, Kings made some signings.. meanwhile we have sat idle and continue to do so
San Jose is still horrible. Especially if the new kids aren’t on the team.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022

Ducks can improve internally though.

Dostal, McTavish, Leo, Zegras, Minty should all be better this coming season.

It'll be an interesting season thats for sure.

slippingsloth

Jul 18, 2022
Ducks can improve internally though.

Dostal, McTavish, Leo, Zegras, Minty should all be better this coming season.

It'll be an interesting season thats for sure.
Obviously we want ducks to do well

Stomaching another lottery season is not something I am looking forward to.

I am wondering what i will be feeling if we start as hot as last year with the ridiculous comebacks and minty and mact playing so well. Frankie with hattys etc. lol. Nevermind i will be screaming with joy in the moment. Happy memories

Duckesh

Jul 20, 2021
Obviously we want ducks to do well

Stomaching another lottery season is not something I am looking forward to.

I am wondering what i will be feeling if we start as hot as last year with the ridiculous comebacks and minty and mact playing so well. Frankie with hattys etc. lol. Nevermind i will be screaming with joy in the moment. Happy memories
The start to last season was... tons of fun but incredibly fluky. The Ducks were winning games they shouldn't and coming out on games they were outplayed. That's fine occasionally, but it seemed like every win was a coin toss the Duck's didn't deserve to win but it was coming up in their favor :)

Lots of fun, lots of luck, lots of heroics. The bummer is that you hope early success can fuel some confidence and kind of buoy a team that needed to play above its ability in order to succeed. But that success kind of fizzled out and it didn't steamroll very long.

The Duck's team needs to be in contention for more than a couple months. They can't be out of the playoffs in December. They don't have to win the Cup or make the playoffs, but they need to be in the conversation for a majority of the year until maybe the TDL. Its kind of like what Henrique said in his interview, something about being out of the playoffs by December makes for a long/miserable season. I don't care what position they finish in, so long as they push back playoff elimination as long as possible.

rlstine

Jun 14, 2017
Not quite the standings but cup odds for next year

1720576229563.png

Hard to disagree with this I think. We just didn't get much better. One (or two) more top-five picks isn't the worst thing though.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Yes it is! We should Be sick of being the laughing stock of the league. It’s time to improve and I have to believe there are a lot of people who hope to not pick in the top 5.

If people don't recognize that Verbeek reset the rebuild, then those people would be upset as missing the playoffs for the past six seasons and projected to be a seventh for this coming season.

If people do recognize that Verbeek reset the rebuild and blew up the team, then we're only heading into year 3 of the rebuild and year 4 of the TDL under Verbeek. When Verbeek reset the rebuild, we are reliant upon our youths b/c we aren't grabbing long term solutions via FA. Unfortunately, this is the way.

Verbeek:
i-did-it-my-way-frank-sinatra.gif

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
McKenna (2026 1st overall hopeful) is on Bedard/McDavid level of prospects as per scouting circles. I'm not sure if PV would be the GM making that pick if we are in the bottom 5-10 for the next two seasons, if we got lucky enough to win a lottery.

Reactions: Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

two questions
1. How do you toggle to dark mode in PuckPedia?
2. Where do you go to find the graphic depth chart?

a third question
I'm kinda new to puckpedia, but that graphic looks too clean and color coordinated. Is it some other site making that depth chart and is using the salary info from puckpedia? (capfriendly really spoiled me)

thanks in advance!

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
I don't know if it's going to be a mainstay, but for the time being, CapWages seems to be a pretty good CapFriendly copycat site.

edit: Saw that it was already mentioned in another thread.

Vaakou

Jun 30, 2012
Kristianstad
two questions
1. How do you toggle to dark mode in PuckPedia?
2. Where do you go to find the graphic depth chart?

a third question
I'm kinda new to puckpedia, but that graphic looks too clean and color coordinated. Is it some other site making that depth chart and is using the salary info from puckpedia? (capfriendly really spoiled me)

thanks in advance!
There is a button top right. PuckGM -> create team and you get something that looks like capfriendly gm mode.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I've been noticing this a lot.

Is there a reason we are gifting Gauthier the 1st line LW spot?
Maybe an AI put together the lineup lol and the AI thinks that since Gauthier was a point per game player in the NHL last year (despite playing only 1 NHL game) that he belongs there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad