2024-25 Roster Thread #1: The Beginninging

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Flyers had their premium ticket holder meet the team event tonight at Top Golf.

My notes:

Poehling sat at a table with two chicks the entire night spitting game seemingly. Or it looked like him at least (that’s a yacht joke).

Michkov was smiling the entire time. Seemed very happy to be here and enjoying the moment. I took a page out of Cap’s favorite, Emily Kaplan’s book, and told him “spasibo” after taking a picture with him and getting an autograph. He did a double take and let out a big smile from it. I didn’t see him come back down to the first floor after he was done there like all the other players did but he was stopping for every person so it makes sense.

York and Drysdale, I don’t think left the players area the whole night and just golfed the whole time.

Deslauriers was talking it up with everyone and seemed like a good dude. That’s never been the issue with him. Must have gotten ten beers through the night.

Konecny and Sanheim posted up and had the people come to them.

Keith Jones was wandering around. Thankfully I didn’t see Hilferty.

Roast my form. Like I’ve said over the years, I’m no George Clooney.

View attachment 911838
View attachment 911839
I would have shanked it

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

My notes:

Poehling sat at a table with two chicks the entire night spitting game seemingly. Or it looked like him at least (that’s a yacht joke).

Michkov was smiling the entire time. Seemed very happy to be here and enjoying the moment. I took a page out of Cap’s favorite, Emily Kaplan’s book, and told him “spasibo” after taking a picture with him and getting an autograph. He did a double take and let out a big smile from it. I didn’t see him come back down to the first floor after he was done there like all the other players did but he was stopping for every person so it makes sense.

York and Drysdale, I don’t think left the players area the whole night and just golfed the whole time.

Deslauriers was talking it up with everyone and seemed like a good dude. That’s never been the issue with him. Must have gotten ten beers through the night.

View attachment 911838
View attachment 911839

Shit. Sorry for flipping you off and running you off the road the other day.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

My notes:

View attachment 911838
View attachment 911839
Are you a Hextall???

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022

My notes:

View attachment 911838
View attachment 911839
Getting ready to take over Bob Kelly's job when he retires.

WolfOfBroadStreet14

Aug 15, 2020
Based on tonight’s lineup looks like Luchanko has made the team.

I’d bet opening night lineups look something like:

Tyson Coots TK
Tip Frost Michgod
Laughton Luch Farabee
Cates Poehling Hathaway

Sadly Brink Des

York Sanny
Seeler Clydesdale
Big Z Risto
EJ

Erss
Fedo

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Based on tonight’s lineup looks like Luchanko has made the team.

I’d bet opening night lineups look something like:

Tyson Coots TK
Tip Frost Michgod
Laughton Luch Farabee
Cates Poehling Hathaway

Sadly Brink Des

York Sanny
Seeler Clydesdale
Big Z Risto
EJ

Erss
Fedo

Has Tyson really been that much better at LW1 than Farabee could be? And not dressing Kolosov again eh? Jeez...

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Think Luchanko is going down, reason for him not playing tonight is to avoid injury that would set back his development - always some AHL fool trying to make a name for himself.

Lycksell may stay, at 25 he doesn't need to play every day and has earned a spot.

Andrae is the 8th D-man, but at 22 needs to play everyday so he'll go back to LHV as the first call-up in case of injury.

Farabee - Couts - TK
Tippett - Frost - Michkov
Foerster - Cates - Brink
Laughton - Poehling - Hathaway

York - Sanheim
Seeler - Drysdale
Zamula - Risto

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Why the hell are people happy Hathaway is in over Cates? He’s 8 years older ffs.

Why is it so impossible to just accept that a guy is a good, solid depth piece and leave it at that? First he has to be a hidden star in the making and now people are happy he’s not in the lineup. How do you as an org miss both high and low on the same guy in the span of a calendar year? Let alone doing this to a 25yo you gave $5MM+ to last summer?

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019

That's actually a decent forward group.

Unless they plan on just giving Luchanko a 9 game tryout, someone has to be traded.

They're not waiving Brink or Cates, as either would be claimed. And Deslauriers will continue to steal money from the organization.

Interested to see what they do.

Of course they could send Jett back after the game tonight and this is all moot.

EDIT: I feel like Lycksell has earned a spot on the team but doesn't look like that's happening. He's 25 and a PPG player in the AHL last year. There's nothing left for him there.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I'd switch a few things around, but this isn't bad.

I'd like to get another high end skill guy with Frost, either TK, Michkov or Brink.

edit -- on the other side of things, Playing foerster with Frost might open up some of Foerster's playmaking ability -- I said it last year (as did many of us), that's probably where Foerster's next step comes from. He was a deceptive passer in juniors, but that didn't translate well last year.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That's actually a decent forward group.

Unless they plan on just giving Luchanko a 9 game tryout, someone has to be traded.

They're not waiving Brink or Cates, as either would be claimed. And Deslauriers will continue to steal money from the organization.

Interested to see what they do.

Of course they could send Jett back after the game tonight and this is all moot.

EDIT: I feel like Lycksell has earned a spot on the team but doesn't look like that's happening. He's 25 and a PPG player in the AHL last year. There's nothing left for him there.
They don’t have to trade anyone, Richard gets waived

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Why the hell are people happy Hathaway is in over Cates? He’s 8 years older ffs.

Why is it so impossible to just accept that a guy is a good, solid depth piece and leave it at that? First he has to be a hidden star in the making and now people are happy he’s not in the lineup. How do you as an org miss both high and low on the same guy in the span of a calendar year? Let alone doing this to a 25yo you gave $5MM+ to last summer?
It's the obsession with scoring and "stars."
Most playoff teams have maybe 5 good offensive forwards, maybe 6.

The Goodrow - Guorde - Coleman line was 2nd in PO minutes for TB, because there are 60 minutes in a game, and you don't want to lose the 25-30 minutes your stars aren't on the ice.

Cates is a solid middle six forward who can fill multiple roles, a better version of Laughton.
Had a tremendous 2nd half at LW when he returned from injury.
They'll play him at 3C this year, Torts wants to push him to produce more on offense, but this is more about increasing his flexibility, since the job is Luchanko's in 2025-26.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
I'm a Cates fan - don't love his exclusion. He ended quite strong last season, I think he had 5 points in the last 7/8 games in April or something like that.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
It's the obsession with scoring and "stars."
Most playoff teams have maybe 5 good offensive forwards, maybe 6.

The Goodrow - Guorde - Coleman line was 2nd in PO minutes for TB, because there are 60 minutes in a game, and you don't want to lose the 25-30 minutes your stars aren't on the ice.

Cates is a solid middle six forward who can fill multiple roles, a better version of Laughton.
Had a tremendous 2nd half at LW when he returned from injury.
They'll play him at 3C this year, Torts wants to push him to produce more on offense, but this is more about increasing his flexibility, since the job is Luchanko's in 2025-26.

I have got to be misunderstanding something here. Healthy Scratching him is about increasing his flexibility?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I have got to be misunderstanding something here. Healthy Scratching him is about increasing his flexibility?
I was referring to the disrespect Cates is getting around here.

I expect he'll be the 3C, he's probably in this game with Hathaway to give the kids some support (and b/c LHV is also playing exhibition games now).

They were playing him at 3C in practice with Laughton at 4LW.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad