2024-25 Roster Thread #1: The Beginninging

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
There's someone in that front office right now explaining that trying to skirt the edges of the rules is against the way of the samurai. It is honorable to throw shit at the wall and hope your way to success.

OH GOD IS THIS WHY THEY TALK ABOUT NOT TANKING? I want everyone in that front office who owns a katana fired.
Any guesses on potential katana owners?

• Haha
Reactions: BiggE

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Flyers brain trust hard at work
1727901604888.gif

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I just think he was being honest, probably would have said the same about Risto had someone asked him after his first TC. They knew when they traded for Drysdale it would take a year or two for Shaw to teach him the fundamentals he should have learned in Anaheim (talk about bad player development).

That's one of the things I like about Torts, none of these "cliche filled interviews."
I suspect the players like it to, though it probably takes a little time to get comfortable for a new player - but if you want to know where you stand, just ask him.

Good example is Ginning, we've all seen him struggle this month, Torts was straight forward, Andrae had a good camp, Ginning has not had a good camp. No mealy mouthed platitudes, no telling the fans what they saw was a mirage.
Nope. Sorry DH. The guy is an insufferable jerk. He lays his hat on winning the SC twenty some years ago with a team that, almost to a man, despises him for his antics. His coaching career is decorated with almost as many missed POs (10) as made them (12). With the talent of the teams that he has had that not saying much.
Now if Jon Cooper had said that Drysdale needs to learn how to play the game with his resume (ten PO appearances in 12 seasons and two SCs) I would give it some credence. Heck if Craig Berube had said that (five PO appearances in seven seasons and a SC win), it might bear attention. But Tortorella? The genius doesn't have the goods.

Can I place a bet somewhere that Drysdale won't be qualified in 2026?
And be picked up by Zito and the Panthers where he will become an integral part of their defense.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I hope CW adds future seasons to its GM mode soon. I'd like to easily see what a 25-26 team without Angelo and Petersen taking up space. And 26-27 which will also lose Hayes and Atkinson.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Nope. Sorry DH. The guy is an insufferable jerk. He lays his hat on winning the SC twenty some years ago with a team that, almost to a man, despises him for his antics. His coaching career is decorated with almost as many missed POs (10) as made them (12). With the talent of the teams that he has had that not saying much.
Now if Jon Cooper had said that Drysdale needs to learn how to play the game with his resume (ten PO appearances in 12 seasons and two SCs) I would give it some credence. Heck if Craig Berube had said that (five PO appearances in seven seasons and a SC win), it might bear attention. But Tortorella? The genius doesn't have the goods.

And be picked up by Zito and the Panthers where he will become an integral part of their defense.
Cooper is a good coach, but talk about the right place at the right time . . . and TB cheats as much as Belichick. He inherited a team with Stamkos, Hedman and Kucherov. With Bishop in goal in 2014. They also had drafted Vasilevsky, Drouin, Palat and Point before he became HC. [TDA in the 1st rd in the 2014 draft, Point in the 4th, genius or luck?]

CBJ didn't win before Torts (2 PO appearances in 15 years), and they haven't won since Torts.
TB didn't win before Torts (1 PO appearance in 10 years) and only made the POs once in the five years after he left.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Huh.

Gauither had to be traded, the alternative was to force him to play in college for two more years before he could go UFA just to screw him.

And like Fox, once the league knows you're backed into the corner, you're not going to get full value.
Could easily have waited until the draft.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
I just think he was being honest, probably would have said the same about Risto had someone asked him after his first TC. They knew when they traded for Drysdale it would take a year or two for Shaw to teach him the fundamentals he should have learned in Anaheim (talk about bad player development).

That's one of the things I like about Torts, none of these "cliche filled interviews."
I suspect the players like it to, though it probably takes a little time to get comfortable for a new player - but if you want to know where you stand, just ask him.

Good example is Ginning, we've all seen him struggle this month, Torts was straight forward, Andrae had a good camp, Ginning has not had a good camp. No mealy mouthed platitudes, no telling the fans what they saw was a mirage.
So funny saying the Ducks have bad player development while defending the Flyers.

Also call BS just like they didnt know Tony D was not good on D.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Cooper is a good coach, but talk about the right place at the right time . . . and TB cheats as much as Belichick. He inherited a team with Stamkos, Hedman and Kucherov. With Bishop in goal in 2014. They also had drafted Vasilevsky, Drouin, Palat and Point before he became HC. [TDA in the 1st rd in the 2014 draft, Point in the 4th, genius or luck?]

CBJ didn't win before Torts (2 PO appearances in 15 years), and they haven't won since Torts.
TB didn't win before Torts (1 PO appearance in 10 years) and only made the POs once in the five years after he left.
Why was no team other than the Flyers interested in his coaching services do you think? Any thoughts on that?

Reactions: BiggE

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Who is our version of Kashigi Yabushige that will eventually get beheaded after they get told everything that is gonna happen?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad