Moncton
So being realistic:

Zacha-XXXX-Pasta
Marchy-Coyle-XXXX
Freddy-XXXX-Geekie
Maroon-Beecher-Brazeau
Lauko

Maroon signs a 1 year cheapy cheapy deal 1x$1.25
I'd say Debrusk will walk and I'm fine with that pending we replace that skillset in the top 6
Heinen, Boqvist, JVR all gone
Poitras, Merkulov, Lysell all battle for a spot, I can see only one of them making the team though. Most likely Poitras centering that 3rd line. Lysell outside shot on the 2nd line with Marchy and Coyle if he has ridiculous camp

Lohrei-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Wortherspoon-Peeke
UFA- Regula

Forbort, Shatty and Gryz walk
I can see the Bruins signing a veteran LD as #7-8

Swayman- 7x$7
Bussi - 2x$1.25

Ullmark traded for a 1st and a 3rd at the draft or before
Bussi penciled in as the back up but can see the Bruins signing a veteran backup as well incase Bussi doesn't cut it

There's three guys who fit the #1C bill, Stamkos, Reinhart and Lindholm. One guy is 34, one is almost 29 and the other is almost 30. Stamkos you're likely looking at a much lower term vs Reinhart/Lindholm which from a risk/reward standpoint, quite positive. Lindholm has saw his production tank and Reinhart is coming off a heater and will likely get PAID

There's Draisaitl and Konecny that are 1C that are 1 year away from UFA status. You're likely losing something of substance if you could even have a shot at acquiring them.

Byfield, an RFA would be nice, perhaps Poitras + Ullmark gets that done?

Reactions: Gordoff

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
So being realistic:

Zacha-XXXX-Pasta
Marchy-Coyle-XXXX
Freddy-XXXX-Geekie
Maroon-Beecher-Brazeau
Lauko

I'd say Debrusk will walk and I'm fine with that pending we replace that skillset in the top 6
Poitras, Merkulov, Lysell all battle for a spot, I can see only one of them making the team though. Most likely Poitras centering that 3rd line. Lysell outside shot on the 2nd line with Marchy and Coyle if he has ridiculous camp

Lohrei-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Wortherspoon-Peeke
UFA- Regula

Swayman- 7x$7
Bussi - 2x$1.25

Bussi penciled in as the back up but can see the Bruins signing a veteran backup as well incase Bussi doesn't cut it

There's three guys who fit the #1C bill, Stamkos, Reinhart and Lindholm. One guy is 34, one is almost 29 and the other is almost 30. Stamkos you're likely looking at a much lower term vs Reinhart/Lindholm which from a risk/reward standpoint, quite positive. Lindholm has saw his production tank and Reinhart is coming off a heater and will likely get PAID

There's Draisaitl and Konecny that are 1C that are 1 year away from UFA status. You're likely losing something of substance if you could even have a shot at acquiring them.

Konecny is not a #1 C. He's a wing. He's taken just over 300 faceoffs in his NHL career. and lost almost 60% of them. He's also not a particularly good PP player.

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
So being realistic:

Zacha-XXXX-Pasta
Marchy-Coyle-XXXX
Freddy-XXXX-Geekie
Maroon-Beecher-Brazeau
Lauko

Lohrei-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Wortherspoon-Peeke
UFA- Regula

Swayman- 7x$7
Bussi - 2x$1.25

Maybe McAvoy and Ullmark and a first for Byfield lol

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
So being realistic:

Zacha-XXXX-Pasta
Marchy-Coyle-XXXX
Freddy-XXXX-Geekie
Maroon-Beecher-Brazeau
Lauko

Lohrei-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Wortherspoon-Peeke
UFA- Regula

Swayman- 7x$7
Bussi - 2x$1.25

Ya for the most part I think this looks about right...I like Boqvist over Lauko to be honest and I don't think I would prioritize Maroon by any means. I like Heinen at the right number too.

The biggest thing is the defense...although it's working now, I don't think there is any chance they have those LHD starting next year. Wotherspoon will be an extra and they will use the 20m they have for a solid #4/5 defenseman. At least they should IMO

ORRMAN

Dec 3, 2008
First of all fire Sweeney. His team lacks the killer instinct in the playoffs for years. They were a puck bounce going in away from being eliminated.

Then

- sign Swayman. He is the franchise goalie for the next 10 years
- trade Ullmark. He is a luxury they can't afford
- let especially Gryz, DeBrusk walk
- put Zacha back on the wing where he plays his best
- try to get a number one center. Depending on whats happening in Tampa Stamkos is my number one target
- DO NOT overpay for mediocore talent and piss away cap space in doing so. Players like Moore, Forbort, Backes, Beleskey can be had cheaper then the Bruins paid for
That's about right. I'd consider keeping DeBrusk, but someone's probably going to pay him $5 million/yr.+; if so, no thanks. I'd be happy to trade Carlo, who I find is overpaid and, despite a good current playoff run, is unreliable. Stamkos would have to be relatively cheap, IMO.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
my official plan is trade for crosby, sign guentzel
We are gonna put this out there enough that it will manifest itself

You know John Henry needs NESN to pull in some bucks! What better way than the Bruins acquiring a generational hockey talent??

I text my pens fan friend that every week, he hates it

• Love
Reactions: Gordoff

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
So being realistic:

Zacha-XXXX-Pasta
Marchy-Coyle-XXXX
Freddy-XXXX-Geekie
Maroon-Beecher-Brazeau
Lauko

Lohrei-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Wortherspoon-Peeke
UFA- Regula

Swayman- 7x$7
Bussi - 2x$1.25

Why would Boqvist be gone? He's young RFA. Played extremely well. Bruins need some speed/tenacity in the line-up.

Last edited:

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I just dont know where he fits in the line up? Beecher should be the 4C next season. Brazeau has earned a spot in my opinion. WE need some toughness so its either Maroon or we look outside the organization. Poitras/Merk/Lysell will be fighting for 3rd line spot. I dont disagree that he's been good but who does he bump?

Maybe McAvoy and Ullmark and a first for Byfield lol
You really like Byfield......I wouldn't do McAvoy straight up

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
That's about right. I'd consider keeping DeBrusk, but someone's probably going to pay him $5 million/yr.+; if so, no thanks. I'd be happy to trade Carlo, who I find is overpaid and, despite a good current playoff run, is unreliable. Stamkos would have to be relatively cheap, IMO.

IMG_2117.png

I don’t think folks appreciate how much money there is going to be floating around in UFA this offseason.

• Wow
Reactions: HustleB

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I just dont know where he fits in the line up? Beecher should be the 4C next season. Brazeau has earned a spot in my opinion. WE need some toughness so its either Maroon or we look outside the organization. Poitras/Merk/Lysell will be fighting for 3rd line spot. I dont disagree that he's been good but who does he bump?

You really like Byfield......I wouldn't do McAvoy straight up
No - I wouldn’t either. It’s a touch hyperbolic but the point is the Kings aren’t trading Byfield away for a goalie+.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

stamkos and reinhart and konecny all play the wing (stamkos hasn't really been a full-time center for a while). elias lindholm is easily the best
center available, we know the bruins like him, but he probably wants $8M+ for 7 years. tough pill to swallow. maybe a center nobody knows
is available pops up around the draft. either way, bruins should have about $20-25M to play with.

i'd imagine byfield is untouchable, he's just starting to look like a monster.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Plus one of Swayman or Ullmark to be traded...Yes Swayman. I prefer a $5 Mil goalie over $7. Bussi can come in and fill the void plus Swayman will garnish a very good return.

Yeah, I mean more the other teams. We can say "we should sign X or Y in UFA and DeBrusk is too expensive"... but the Bruins ain't the only team with a lot of space. We are going back to every UFA period being filled with "wow, that's a lot" after almost half a decade of flat cap.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'm convinced half the Bruins fans want this to be their plan in the offseason

Marchand - XXXX - Pastrnak
Zacha - XXXX - Geekie
Frederic - Coyle - Brazeau
Beecher - XXXX - Boqvist
Maroon - XXXX - Poitras
Heinen - XXXX - Brown
Merkulov - XXXX - Lysell

Like they won't be satisfied until every Bruin currently playing C is shifted to the wing except for Coyle, who would be demoted from Line 1 to Line 3 to make way for future hall-of-famers like Sean Monahan and Chandler Stephenson.

The grass ain't always greener but you'd never know it around here.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I'm convinced half the Bruins fans want this to be their plan in the offseason

Marchand - XXXX - Pastrnak
Zacha - XXXX - Geekie
Frederic - Coyle - Brazeau
Beecher - XXXX - Boqvist
Maroon - XXXX - Poitras
Heinen - XXXX - Brown
Merkulov - XXXX - Lysell

Like they won't be satisfied until every Bruin currently playing C is shifted to the wing except for Coyle, who would be demoted from Line 1 to Line 3 to make way for future hall-of-famers like Sean Monahan and Chandler Stephenson.

The grass ain't always greener but you'd never know it around here.
Lol. And then they want to take wings from other places and move them to center for the Bruins.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
No - I wouldn’t either. It’s a touch hyperbolic but the point is the Kings aren’t trading Byfield away for a goalie+.

I like Byfield, but there is a serious question as to whether he can be a C at the NHL level. He has now played 3+ seasons at wing. he did break out and have a really good year this year, despite seeming to have run out of gas over the last couple months. (maybe he was hurt)

No way I would trade a #1 defenseman for him.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I see some trade McAvoy stuff here. Stop the nonsense. He is the Bruins best dman by a mile. Can he be better offensively? Sure, but no other dman the Bruins have can do what Charlie does. He is a stud that plays hard minutes.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I like Byfield, but there is a serious question as to whether he can be a C at the NHL level. He has now played 3+ seasons at wing. he did break out and have a really good year this year, despite seeming to have run out of gas over the last couple months. (maybe he was hurt)

No way I would trade a #1 defenseman for him.
Of course not. But given age, contract (two more RFA years) and development curve the Kings have no reason to trade him is my point.

I see some trade McAvoy stuff here. Stop the nonsense. He is the Bruins best dman by a mile. Can he be better offensively? Sure, but no other dman the Bruins have can do what Charlie does. He is a stud that plays hard minutes.
Again, I was making a point about what it would take for the Kings to be convinced to trade Byfield, not advocating whatsoever that the Bruins should do it.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Lol. And then they want to take wings from other places and move them to center for the Bruins.

Exactly. Guys who haven't play C ever or in years but we'll convert them back to C and displace our current centers.

They will likely bring in one C this summer. I fully expect them to chase Lindholm hard. They aren't bringing in 2 or 3 of them.

Personally I'd rather roll with what they have now and wait for that elite forward (W or C) in his prime to become available via trade and have the cap space to capitalize on the opportunity.

gerrycheeversmask

Feb 18, 2021
Behind Enemy Lines
Bing? More like BONG.

The source is George Laraque.

"someone well placed in the organization said that if the Oilers don't go deep in the playoffs he doesn't see Draisaitl re-signing at the end of his deal."

The Oilers should get by Vancouver, thus guaranteeing them a Final four finish (at least).

IF Edmonton were to lose to the Canucks because of weak goaltending (see Skinner), I could see them trying to add an elite goalie for next season (Ullmark anyone???), but I imagine they would try to keep Leon for one more crack to lift Lord Stanley.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
With so many forwards that used to be centers, at least one needs to stand out as the faceoff guy. If the Bruins keep losing so many key faceoffs it's going to cost them. To me that's what they need to address next season.

They obviously miss a guy who holds the record for the most career playoff faceoffs wins.
1715174076307.png

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Bing? More like BONG.

The source is George Laraque.

"someone well placed in the organization said that if the Oilers don't go deep in the playoffs he doesn't see Draisaitl re-signing at the end of his deal."

The Oilers should get by Vancouver, thus guaranteeing them a Final four finish (at least).

IF Edmonton were to lose to the Canucks because of weak goaltending (see Skinner), I could see them trying to add an elite goalie for next season (Ullmark anyone???), but I imagine they would try to keep Leon for one more crack to lift Lord Stanley.

Edmonton has a tough call to make. Can that organization afford to lose a player of that talent level for nothing . Or do they basically treat him like he is their one year rental .

Does Boston have enough to get him if Edmonton were to decide to move him does Ullmark (or 3rd party assets dealt for ulmark), plus a 25 #1, plus Poitras, Murkulov, Lysel type guys start to get you close . Would you have to include Lohrei, would you have to include Zacha?

Would someone like LA come in with a package that starts with Byfield +++.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Lohrei playing as well as he has in the playoffs has me really excited for next season already. You insert him into the top 4, Beecher claims a full time roster spot, Brazeau claims a bottom 6 spot, you get Poitras back healthy with a full summer of strength training and sliding into 3C. And you have more then enough cap space to re-sign Debrusk while also adding an impact player to play up top with Zacha and Pasta. Something like this as a baseline:

Zacha-x-Pasta
Marchand-Coyle-Debrusk
Frederic-Poitras-Geekie
x-Beecher-Brazeau
Lauko/Brown/Whoever

Lindholm-McAvoy
Lohrei-Carlo
x-Peeke
Wotherspoon

Swayman/Bussi or vet backup

Has the potential to be a really deep team both offensively and defensively.

Reactions: Bodit9

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
View attachment 867020

I don’t think folks appreciate how much money there is going to be floating around in UFA this offseason.

It will go quick. No increase in 3-4 years to the cap and a lot of free agents due to players and teams trying to position themselves for this offseason.

Look at some of those top 10 teams roster players under contract. A lot of them have 15 or less players signed through next year and some of those players that are technically signed to those teams will be in the AHL next year.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad