Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Drai is the Scotty Pippin of the NHL. Put him on a team not named Oilers, Maple Leafs, Avalanche and he is still a top 6 but nothing like he is now.

Just my opinion.

5 on 5 he doesn't even play on the same line as McJesus. Scotty at least was on the floor with MJ...

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
So being realistic:

Zacha-XXXX-Pasta
Marchy-Coyle-XXXX
Freddy-XXXX-Geekie
Maroon-Beecher-Brazeau
Lauko

Maroon signs a 1 year cheapy cheapy deal 1x$1.25
I'd say Debrusk will walk and I'm fine with that pending we replace that skillset in the top 6
Heinen, Boqvist, JVR all gone
Poitras, Merkulov, Lysell all battle for a spot, I can see only one of them making the team though. Most likely Poitras centering that 3rd line. Lysell outside shot on the 2nd line with Marchy and Coyle if he has ridiculous camp

Lohrei-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Wortherspoon-Peeke
UFA- Regula

Forbort, Shatty and Gryz walk
I can see the Bruins signing a veteran LD as #7-8

Swayman- 7x$7
Bussi - 2x$1.25

Ullmark traded for a 1st and a 3rd at the draft or before
Bussi penciled in as the back up but can see the Bruins signing a veteran backup as well incase Bussi doesn't cut it

There's three guys who fit the #1C bill, Stamkos, Reinhart and Lindholm. One guy is 34, one is almost 29 and the other is almost 30. Stamkos you're likely looking at a much lower term vs Reinhart/Lindholm which from a risk/reward standpoint, quite positive. Lindholm has saw his production tank and Reinhart is coming off a heater and will likely get PAID

There's Draisaitl and Konecny that are 1C that are 1 year away from UFA status. You're likely losing something of substance if you could even have a shot at acquiring them.

Byfield, an RFA would be nice, perhaps Poitras + Ullmark gets that done?
Haven’t taken a deep dive yet but I like it when you do these - fun reads and good vision

I’ll just throw a quick little comment I would be flabbergasted if LAK would trade byfield

I’m on laferriere but I’ll look over later but you come out with good foundations to delve into

Likely we have to see the end result of 23-24 to see the full picture

If JDB gets 10 goals and the Bruins are playing in June things could be altered

We here criticize Grzelcyk for not having strong playoffs so be it Coyle or Geekie or DeBrusk etc who shine in the spring we gotta look at that

I am starting to think Elias Lindholm of Vancouver affordable is starting to look as someone to consider which moves Zacha to wing and you still get flexibility with him wing both special teams. EL is strong on FO and 3 zone - a Zacha- Lindholm- Pastrnak line could be outstanding. I’m 5/40 on him

Also Heinen reminds me a lot of Donnie Marcotte - not as strong and clean physical but incredibly smart and a good amount of skills

He’s definitely a high priority on my team

Ok the downpour stopped off to do back/lats Day & cardio

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Drai is the Scotty Pippin of the NHL. Put him on a team not named Oilers, Maple Leafs, Avalanche and he is still a top 6 but nothing like he is now.

Just my opinion.

But…all we need is for him to Jell with Pasta and it becomes one of the 5 best lines in hockey.

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Definitely.

But if Laraque’s comment is true, the fact that he says he wants to play 1C here gives me hope.

Again…not for Swayman, though.

Laraque walked back what he said and says he was misinterpreted, btw.

Someone around the team told me that there’s a chance Leon doesn’t resign with the Oilers and the importance of this playoff run was huge for that regard then when we were talking about potential best fit I said Boston because they had no centers

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
You can ask all you want into a dial tone,

Do you realize how good Sway is? Never mind Lohrei,

Dri is a great player but he doesn't get you that return from the B's
Drai is a top 5 player in the NHL.
He is second , next to McDavid in points scored in the last 5 years.
As good as Swayman has been in his tenure, he is not top 5, no where close.
He would make my top 20 list however.
Sway IMO is a top 5 NHL goalie, not the best though ( Hellebuyck, Vasi, Saros, Shesterkin and Sway)
What is the value of a top 5 goalie?
Drai plays every game, a goalie does not. Sway could play 55-60 games a year?
It would take a huge hall to get Drai.
Personally, I like our team and cap space position we will have at the end of year.
Ullmark is the goalie I would be trading and do it at the draft.
If we can get a potential number 2 center back, or an upcoming young winger that can score, I make the deal.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
No team is going to give up their entire roster for one season of Draisaitl. I honestly think he plays out that contract and walks as a UFA. They still have McDavid and can probably get something before July 1 with whatever team he wants to go to clearing cap space. Signing 2-3 good players with his cap space won't be the end of the world for them.

Ullmark, Zacha, Peeke, Poitras, pick is a very fair return from us all things considered. I have to think everyone on the Bruins with any sort of NTC will be adding Edmonton to it and refusing to waive however.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
There is a 0.000% chance the bruins consider moving Swayman for a single second after the playoffs he's having right now.
What is too much for a goalie like Swayman?

Are you comfortable with Bussi, Diepetro, and not too far off Dyke (no spell checks too lazy).

Ulmark just won the Vezina and possessed better 2023 2024 reg season stats. Both goalies are elite but I like Ullmark at $5 and don't like over-spending on a goalie.

Save the $ for assets elsewhere and leverage Swayman for picks / quality player returns. One of the P Bruin goalies easily takes over.

Last edited:

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
The problem with a Drai deal is the timing. You can’t wait too long to deal an goalie and Drai won’t be hitting the market until later. Without including a goalie, the Bruins won’t be able to have a winning bid.

Reactions: Gordoff

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Ullmark ain’t waiving for EDM. It’s Swayman or bust.

Ultimately if Bos-Edm make a trade it is unlikely a goalie is going there. Now the return for Ullmark may be part o the package.

But You are looking at players like Zacha (signed for way below market value for multiple year),, Frederick, Possibly but probably not Carlo. Plus players like Lysel. Maybe Lohrei (they'd want, would boston deal), plus picks

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Ultimately if Bos-Edm make a trade it is unlikely a goalie is going there. Now the return for Ullmark may be part o the package.

But You are looking at players like Zacha (signed for way below market value for multiple year),, Frederick, Possibly but probably not Carlo. Plus players like Lysel. Maybe Lohrei (they'd want, would boston deal), plus picks

Zacha and Carlo's NTCs probably leave them out. Frederic is a pending UFA so I don't think he adds enough value. Just don't think that Boston could put together a compelling package vs the league without the goalies involved.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
If you believe Draisaitl will be coming to Boston in the future, I have some oceanfront property in Nebraska I would love to sell you.
I believe he has 1 season left in Edm under contract and plays in McDavids shadow.It would not be far fetched for his agent to want to test free agency in my humble opinion .Edm is an industrial town with zero waterfront properties too :sarcasm:

Reactions: Gordoff

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
If you believe Draisaitl will be coming to Boston in the future, I have some oceanfront property in Nebraska I would love to sell you.

Never know.

Some said the same about Hall.

Just depends on how badly he wants to be here and what the market looks like.

Depending on who is on his list and what they are willing to offer, it could happen.

Unlikely, but not impossible.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
What is too much for a goalie like Swayman? Are you comfortable with Bussi, Diepetro, and not too far off Dyke (no spell checks too lazy) to play next year?

Ulmark just won the Vezina and possessed better 2023 2024 reg season stats. Both goalies are elite but I like Ullmark at $5 and don't like over-spending on a goalie.

Save the $ for assets elsewhere and leverage Swayman for picks / quality player returns. One of the P Bruin goalies easily takes over.
Bussi legit

Bruins evaluators are sold on Bussi which is why 2 months ago they were willing to deal Ullmark and he nixed

It’s done- Ullmark is being moved, Swayman extended and Bussi will be his running mate

decision made

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
What is too much for a goalie like Swayman?

Are you comfortable with Bussi, Diepetro, and not too far off Dyke (no spell checks too lazy).

Look around the NHL and see how many teams are being sunk by bad goaltending. If you have a 25 year old #1 goalie you lock him up, end of discussion. And that's what the bruins are gonna do.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Bussi legit

Bruins evaluators are sold on Bussi which is why 2 months ago they were willing to deal Ullmark and he nixed

It’s done- Ullmark is being moved, Swayman extended and Bussi will be his running mate

decision made
Swayman already held out once for more money money money. "In my dreams I had a dream".

Look around the NHL and see how many teams are being sunk by bad goaltending. If you have a 25 year old #1 goalie you lock him up, end of discussion. And that's what the bruins are gonna do.
See above. Can we just talk? Still haven't answered my question? how much is too much?

Last edited:

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
We are gonna put this out there enough that it will manifest itself

You know John Henry needs NESN to pull in some bucks! What better way than the Bruins acquiring a generational hockey talent??

I text my pens fan friend that every week, he hates it
you could see his absolute disgust with the penguins during our late season game. guy absolutely does not want to be there anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad